prepare.bat throws error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 12 ans
Just downloaded latest changeset 8729919d87a2 from codeplex. When try to run prepare.bat get this error:

SGEN : error : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\nopcommerce-8729919d87a2\nopCommerce_8729919d87a2\src\packages\PdfSharp\MigraDoc.DocumentObjectModel.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

This image shows how I resolve this issue

but why I get this error?
Il y a 12 ans
wxDevelopment wrote:
Just downloaded latest changeset 8729919d87a2 from codeplex. When try to run prepare.bat get this error:

SGEN : error : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\nopcommerce-8729919d87a2\nopCommerce_8729919d87a2\src\packages\PdfSharp\MigraDoc.DocumentObjectModel.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

This image shows how I resolve this issue

but why I get this error while running nopCommerce deployment process as "Administrator" User?

It is a windows security issue (setting?). When you download a dll or exe windows will disable them "for your protection". It happens with most projects that do not have installers.
Il y a 12 ans
Ok if I extract downloaded project with winRAR it runs fine.
Il y a 12 ans
wxDevelopment wrote:
Ok if I extract downloaded project with winRAR it runs fine.

Yeah I'm not sure of all the scenarios, but if windows can identify that the DLL was not built or installed on the local machine it will disable it. This includes copying dll's to different machines on the same network.
Il y a 12 ans
skyler.severns wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure of all the scenarios, but if windows can identify that the DLL was not built or installed on the local machine it will disable it. This includes copying dll's to different machines on the same network.

don't you think this is a bit confused? if someone are not using third party software as "winRAR, winZip etc." they have those errors when running "prepare.bat" and there is no answer ho to fix it, apart drill down to each folder find .dll file and unblock it?
Il y a 12 ans
wxDevelopment wrote:

don't you think this is a bit confused? if someone are not using third party software as "winRAR, winZip etc." they have those errors when running "prepare.bat" and there is no answer ho to fix it, apart drill down to each folder find .dll file and unblock it?

If you look at it from a normal user stand point what they do is nice and probably sufficient (no one is the wiser). But yes looking at their implementation as a developer it is a pain to deal with. I don't have a better solution though (besides making a configurable feature). Alternatively they would start spamming us with modal dialogs to allow different libraries execution privileges.
Il y a 12 ans
I do this in Windows 7...
After downloading the .zip file, right-click it in the Explorer, select Properties. On General tab near the bottom you will see an Unblock button. Click it, and click OK.
Then extract the files.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.