Tax Calculation "Bug"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
I don't know if this is intentional or not but as a test I added items totalling $3.97 and assigned a 5% tax. The floating point value of the tax is $0.1985 but $0.19 is displayed. Should this round up or does the tax regulation state that it should round down?
Addendum: I just put 2 of an item in my cart. The item is $2.00 and the sub-total for that item is $4.01!?! Either way, the tax at 6% is $0.23, when 6% of $4.01 is $0.2406!
Where can I fix this bug?
Il y a 14 ans
You'll need look in the source code under Nop.Common/Tax/TaxManager.cs

Maybe this line - 244:

taxTotal = itemsTaxTotal + shippingTax + paymentMethodAdditionalFeeTax;
taxTotal = Math.Round(taxTotal, 2);
return taxTotal;
Il y a 14 ans
I couldn't find that code in that document. Maybe we have different versions. I'm using version 1.20.

I found this on the msdn website:

Math.Round(3.44, 1); //Returns 3.4.
        Math.Round(3.45, 1); //Returns 3.4.
        Math.Round(3.46, 1); //Returns 3.5.

Math.Round(4.34, 1); // Returns 4.3
        Math.Round(4.35, 1); // Returns 4.4
        Math.Round(4.36, 1); // Returns 4.4
Il y a 14 ans
Yeah so its probably not that line.  I'm using version 1.30 but I just changed my rate to 5% and price to $3.97 so its still the same.  I'll track done the line when I have some time and figure it out.
Il y a 14 ans
These two lines are what calculates Tax. The first one excluding tax and second one including tax.  It then takes the difference between the two to calculate tax.

ie $3.97 - $3.78 = 0.19

Chage the Calculate Price Method in TaxManager.cs from:

protected static decimal CalculatePrice(decimal price, decimal percent, bool increase)
        {
            decimal result = decimal.Zero;
            if (increase)
            {
                result = price * (1 + percent / 100);
            }
            else
            {
                result = price - (price) / (100 + percent) * percent;
            }
            return result;
        }

to:

protected static decimal CalculatePrice(decimal price, decimal percent, bool increase)
        {
            decimal result = decimal.Zero;
            if (increase)
            {
                result = price * (1 + percent / 100);
            }
            else
            {
                result = price - Math.Round(price * (percent / 100), 2);
            }
            return result;
        }

I've tested and seems to work fine, however I'm no Math guru so use at your own risk.

Thanks,
Matthew
Il y a 14 ans
Thank you very much!
How do I report this as a bug?
Il y a 14 ans
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/
Il y a 14 ans
I think I'm having the same problem.  Occasionally the tax is off by $.01, so far I have only found it to be too high.  

I can't seem to find "Nop.Common/Tax/TaxManager.cs" to see if I can fix this.  Can someone point me to where I would find that file in version 1.30.  I don't seem to have a Nop.Common directory, I do have /Administration/Tax/General/ and /Administration/Common/ but there doesn't seem to be a Tax/TaxManager.cs anywhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Douglas
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.