CSS in IE6 and IE7

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
Hi Guys,

I have started putting my template together, looks great in Firefox and IE 8 but in IE6 and IE 7 my menu hangs low and my right hand side column looks a little funny.  It can be viewed at http://www.thegamesdungeon.com/ - do yoou have any idea how to rectify the problem?? Just dont want the site to look bad for those people that havent upgraded their browsers.

Cheers.

Dave.
Il y a 14 ans
I'm using IE 8 and it looks perfectly fine to me...

edit:: Okay I see what you mean now...ie 8 good...sorry I was getting confuseed...let me see.
Il y a 14 ans
Want to zip up your theme folder and send it to me?  mskiltonATgmail.com  its hard to debug without the files.

Could possibly be to do with the header element

<div class="header">
    <div class="header-selectors-wrapper">
        <div class="header-taxDisplayTypeSelector">

</div>
        <div class="header-currencyselector">

</div>
        <div class="header-languageSelector">

</div>
    </div>
</div>
Il y a 14 ans
Could be good old ie6 double margin bug (do a google for "ie6 double margin bug")

Check margin values on .logo class and .master-wrapper-content. Also you should set your logo class background to no-repeat.

Hope this helps,
Ben
Il y a 14 ans
hey,

I think your header div class is causing the issue. you could either remove this as you not using it and apply a height attribute the the header-logo and then apply the clear:left attribute to the header-menu div as you floating the header-logo.

With a bit of working this will sort your issues

Or you could keep header div and use the positioning  and z-index to overlay the header-logo div.

I hope this helps..

mike..
Il y a 14 ans
Hi there!

Thank you all for your help with that little problem! Your were all correct about removing the header. Then adding the height and the clear left worked a treat. Thank you all for the assistance.

Dave.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.