What is Charge Amount?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 12 ans
When setting up Shipping by Weight there is an option called "Charge Amount". Can someone please tell me what this option is? I was thinking it was a minimum charge, but that doesn't seem to be the case. If it's not, is there a minimum charge option?
Il y a 12 ans
It's the actual shipping rate (charge) for the weight bracket (from/to)... Assuming you don't check "Use percentage:".

What's confusing is that the form shows the "Charge percentage (of subtotal):" even when the "Use percentage:" is not checked.  You really should only enter an amount in either the "Charge percentage (of subtotal):" (when Use.. is checked), or in "Charge amount" (when Use... is not checked).

If using "Charge percentage (of subtotal):", the weight determines the % to use, but the % is applied to the sub total $ amount.

If  "Use percentage:" is not checked, the " minimum charge option" would be the charge you set on the brackets - e.g. create a bracket 0 .. n, and that charge will be the minimum.

Here's the actual calculation (abbreviated)

if (shippingByWeightRecord.UsePercentage)
    shippingTotal = subTotal * (shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargePercentage / 100)
else
{
    if (_shippingByWeightSettings.CalculatePerWeightUnit)
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount * weight;
    else
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount;
}

I've posted this before, but I'll repeat here...  - there's an (accidentally) hidden feature:

The CalculatePerWeightUnit setting is not visible in the config page, yet it is a Setting in the db.
By default it's False which means when the weight is in the range, the shipping charge itself is applied (the else case):

if (_shippingByWeightSettings.CalculatePerWeightUnit)
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount * weight;
    else
        shippingTotal = shippingByWeightRecord.ShippingChargeAmount;

Workaround to not having in config page is that you can change the setting in Configuration > Settings > All Settings:

shippingbyweightsettings.calculateperweightunit  False
shippingbyweightsettings.limitmethodstocreated  True

You might be interested in

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13776/shipping-director-plugin-beta1-released.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.