I Fixed the shipping by weight problem!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
I have seen a few other posts on here that the shipping by weight wasnt working right. To my understanding this is supposed to work like this:
from weight: 0.00 kg
to weight: 0.50 kg
Use %: no
charge %: 0.00
charge amount: 20.00

If the order total weight lands anywhere between 0.00kg and 0.50kg the charge would be 20.00. Well mine was being calculated as 20.00 * total weight. So for example I made an order for 23 grams or .023 kg my shipping would be $0.46.

If this is what your looking for. The way you would fix this is to download the source code and open it in MSVS. Go to nopecommerce>shipping>nop.shipping.shippingbyweight>shippingbyweightcomputationmethod.cs then on line 93 you want to delete everything from col 70 to 79 or where it says " * Weight" including spaces. Now build the cart and after that is done go to where the source was unziped to and go to shipping>Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight>bin>debug and ftp the three bottom files (which are Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.dll, Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.pdb, and Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.xml) to your server at root>bin.

If I could upload the files so you could just download them I would but I dont know how.

Hope this helps you all.
Il y a 14 ans
BTW this is for ver 1.20.
Il y a 14 ans
For ver 1.30 comment line 56 of ShippingByWeightComputationMethod.cs

/// shippingTotal = shippingByWeight.ShippingChargeAmount * Weight;
Il y a 14 ans
Could you please email me? I am not very good in programming. I use version 1.30
My emailaddress is: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Il y a 14 ans
Hi there, having the same problem with V1.3, did you get any further info as have followed instuctions but problem persists.
Il y a 14 ans
i hv commented the

/// shippingTotal = shippingByWeight.ShippingChargeAmount * Weight;

then save the ShippingByWeightComputationMethod.cs

am new with MSVS..then whats next? thanks guys..
Il y a 14 ans
You need to rebuild the solution and copy over any updated dll files from the bin directory
Il y a 14 ans
Now build the cart and after that is done go to where the source was unziped to and go to shipping>Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight>bin>debug and ftp the three bottom files (which are Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.dll, Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.pdb, and Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.xml) to your server at root>bin.
Il y a 14 ans
can anyone explain how to run the source code after changed? what software do i use to compile it?
or if anyone can kind enough to upload the modified file for shipping by weight module.
many thanks !!!
Il y a 14 ans
You need Visual Studio 2008
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.