Product Attribute Help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 12 ans
Hi All

I am working with Product Attributes but I must be missing something. I want to create a new product attribute called Department, as my system is an internal ordering system all items that will be added to the cart must be assigned a department.

My department attribute will be a Drop Down Box with 8 or 9 items only problem I have is I can only asign the values / items when editing the product variant attributes which means this list only applies to that product variant.

Now I know I am not alone in the fact that carts may have a Product Attribute that has to be selected that is applicable to all products in the store, is there a way to create a standard product attribute that I can apply to any product variant without having to manually type in the values each time.

I thought this would be basic functionality but as I say I am new to this system and I think I am just missing a step.

Cheers

Dougie
Il y a 12 ans
1druid1 wrote:
Hi All

I am working with Product Attributes but I must be missing something. I want to create a new product attribute called Department, as my system is an internal ordering system all items that will be added to the cart must be assigned a department.

My department attribute will be a Drop Down Box with 8 or 9 items only problem I have is I can only asign the values / items when editing the product variant attributes which means this list only applies to that product variant.

Now I know I am not alone in the fact that carts may have a Product Attribute that has to be selected that is applicable to all products in the store, is there a way to create a standard product attribute that I can apply to any product variant without having to manually type in the values each time.

I thought this would be basic functionality but as I say I am new to this system and I think I am just missing a step.

Cheers

Dougie

The only way to get this out of the box is that you create a "template product" whose variant has the attributes you need. Then when you create a new prodduct insted of adding a new one use the copy option. he new product will have the same attributes (and columns ) as the "template product"
Il y a 12 ans
Hi

Thanks for the reply, yeah I did look into doing that way, unfortuantly the second drop down box has a list of codes that change quite regulary which means I would have to go through every product and variant (over 1000 off) and manually edit the values to match the changes. I honestly thought that this option would be in the basic system as I thought it would be a popular request.

I may have to look into the SQL tables and the relationships between all the product attribute tables and see if I can change them to do what I want, I am a SQL Database desinger unfortuantly my c# coding and VS Studio experience is very minimal if I have to do any coding changes within the program
Il y a 12 ans
1druid1 wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the reply, yeah I did look into doing that way, unfortuantly the second drop down box has a list of codes that change quite regulary which means I would have to go through every product and variant (over 1000 off) and manually edit the values to match the changes. I honestly thought that this option would be in the basic system as I thought it would be a popular request.

I may have to look into the SQL tables and the relationships between all the product attribute tables and see if I can change them to do what I want, I am a SQL Database desinger unfortuantly my c# coding and VS Studio experience is very minimal if I have to do any coding changes within the program

This extension is what you need
Il y a 12 ans
Hi

Sorry was on holiday for a few days, the link to the add in seems perfect for what I am wanting to do, unfortuantly as this is a test system the company is not willing to spend Money on it, we have a system in place that uses a Lotus Notes Database although very outdated and cumbersome, but as its in place the company wont spend money on a new system.

Thanks for the link though.
Il y a 12 ans
Hi

Quick update, I have managed to change the SQL backend to allow me to do what I want, although its not a pretty option as I have to do some manual editing on the Tables instead of the Frontend.
Il y a 11 ans
have you resolved it??

can you give me some suggestion ... i've the same problem ....
Il y a 11 ans
in v1.90 i can make default attributes for all products ....

in v2.50 i must made it for every product ... isn't possible to made it generic like v1.90???

thanks
Il y a 10 ans
see:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12955/import-product-specification-attributes.aspx#121841
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.