Upgrade 1.90 to 2.0 Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 12 ans
I am upgrading from 1.90 to 2.00 (to eventually go to 2.50). This is a local install. I have downloaded and built the source for 2.0 in VS2010 and ran prepare.bat and deploy.bat all successfully. On the install page I enter the appropriate details and uncheck "Create sample data" and click install. The "Installing nopCommerce.." screen with the little progress bar is displayed for about 20 secs then I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I have clicked on "Diagnose Connection Problems" nothing there. I have checked the database logs nothing there, also nothing in the event viewer. I have even tried a "virgin install" specifying a new databse and checking "Create sample data", same result. I have checked that the 190 site is working ok and everything is fine there. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Il y a 12 ans
OOPS nothing to do with nopCommerce, ie9 strikes again. For some reason ie9 initial install set a timeout of 10secs for the admin user, although no timeout set on my one other non admin user. As I am developing locally I have MSSQL2012 trial, IIS7 and VS2010 (as well as some other stuff, Outlook etc) all running on my poor overburdened PC which meant the install process was all taking a little over 11 secs and with the ie9 timeout of 10 secs hence my problem. I upped the timeout value by a factor of ten and all is well. I did find that all the failed attempts had got so far and duplicated a lot of stuff so I had to blow everything away, restore and start again. In case anybody else hits this, the timeout value it is set in the registry in key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ReceiveTimeout. Although my other non admin user does not have this key, which I guess means no timeout, although I haven't gotten round to trying without it on my admin user as yet.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.