Categories Header Menu

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 11 ans
Hi

Silly question possibly, but I need to ask it ..

The menu from the CategoriesHeaderMenu is CSS based.. Ok?

Please.. where do I locate the CSS for this.

I got the various class and id's by viewing the browser page source.  THen in the styles.css I set my own bg image which is fine - tried to set the element width because it is rendering different to the page width and I am seeing a grey background behind my image with rounded corners - So, I set background image on the element to none, background-color to transparent,  set border-radius to none but both still show although other changes I make such as font colour, size; li heights and so on are accepted. So, I am wondering where the CSS for the plugIn gets written too so I can examine it.

here is what I did in my Styles.css file to prove my point; the point being that regardless of what I am telling the elements to do the background of the CatHeaderMenu is still showing with rounded corners and a background color of #3C3C3C. If I add a background image it 'overlays' the gray, meaning if I make the element less than the page width the gray shows for the remainder. Any ideas?????

.sf-menu
{
    border-radius:0px;
    background-image:none;
    background-color:transparent;
}

.categoriesHeaderMenu
{
}

ul#SuperFishMenuId
{
}

ul#SuperFishMenuId li
{
}

Thanks
Il y a 11 ans
Hi

for those of you clambering to point me in the right direction - you missed your chance.

I had to prefix CatHeaderMenu elements with .master-wrapper-page then .categoriesHeaderMenu etc etc though for some reason css to the li's and a's was picked up;  so too was my background image being applied - but it would not remove the plugIn styling from the element unless I prefixed the class and id with the master page wrapper.. Ho Hum, such is the illlogic of CSS .

Cheers anyway.
Il y a 11 ans
Themes>DarkOrange>Content>styles.css

anyway why don't want to change some html markup and write your own css to meet your requirements?
Il y a 11 ans
Paul.g

Thanks for your answer but in my case that is not so. I searched the whole solution for these classes which the categoriesMenu  uses, .categoriesHeaderMenu .sf-menu and nothing was returned at all. I then manuallly searched the styles.css and every directory within nopcommerce "just incase" and found no references to the menu css. I guessed therefore that the css is embeded in the plugin dll when it  gets installed?

After I created my own css, and as an afterthought, I went back to the plugin - preinstall files - and saw the css file there (should have looked first, you're right!) so guess as I said, the css is embeded within the plugin dll? but over-writable within styles.css.

thanks for the answer anyway.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.