How to add image badges or image indicator to products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 11 ans
Hello, I would like to be able to have some image badges, like new items, hot sellers, most popular and so on...I would then be able to designate these badges or indicators for products and then when viewing a category page, select items on that page would be displayed using these image badges over or to the corner of the image or product. I thought at first that I could create new images with these badges, but then every time I want to add or remove a badge, I would have to re-create the image. With our inventory starting at 600 pieces and will only get larger, this could take time. If there is an easier way to do this, I love to know how.

Much appreciated!

Thanks
Il y a 11 ans
I am looking to do something similar to what has been here, http://www.lylif.com/jewelry/bracelets.html

Thanks
Il y a 11 ans
Pdesignz wrote:
I am looking to do something similar to what has been here, http://www.lylif.com/jewelry/bracelets.html

Thanks

You need to watermark the image. And probably write a plugin that allows you to do this selectively, ie. allows you to check 'brand new' in the product administration, and the 'brand new' badge will be shown. :)
Il y a 11 ans
I don't know how I would do the plugin, so you are saying the easiest way is to add it the actual image?
Il y a 11 ans
It helps if the badges are shown automatically as there is less admin to do.

eg new product badge displayed when product create date > now - 30 days

discount badge displayed when product has discount etc etc

Just display/hide the 'badge' image when required and use a png so we get transparency.

Use css to position it over the top of the product image.
Il y a 11 ans
Yes I would like to have the badges be able to be shown automatically or via the admin panel. As I can't simply just add a class or id to products I am not sure how I would do this as I want to be able to pick the items that would get the badges.

Thanks
Il y a 11 ans
Pdesignz wrote:
Yes I would like to have the badges be able to be shown automatically or via the admin panel. As I can't simply just add a class or id to products I am not sure how I would do this as I want to be able to pick the items that would get the badges.

Thanks

I've written an image watermarking plugin for my client, that watermarks all the product details image (but not those image in the thumbnail view in category). The works were based on http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/2927/Creating-a-Watermarked-Photograph-with-GDI-for-NET for the watermarking part. Then I also created a Handler that applies the watermark image dynamically based on certain condition. :)
Il y a 11 ans
That sounds great! Would it be possible to show the watermark on the thumbnail view as well. What we would like is as customer is viewing category page that could see the images that are new products or hot items or top sellers...things like that. What would you charge for the plugin? and would I be able to use and designate the items getting the watermark from the Admin section in NopCommerce

thanks
Il y a 11 ans
Pdesignz wrote:
That sounds great! Would it be possible to show the watermark on the thumbnail view as well. What we would like is as customer is viewing category page that could see the images that are new products or hot items or top sellers...things like that. What would you charge for the plugin? and would I be able to use and designate the items getting the watermark from the Admin section in NopCommerce

thanks

Yes. You can control the type of pictures that you want the thumbnail on. My client's requirement was to only apply on those full-sized pictures, but you can change the logic to something else. And there's an interface in the admin that my client's is able to upload the watermark image, set the transparency, or even set the position! :)
Il y a 11 ans
As I am not familiar with MVC, what would you charge to have the admin interface that you are talking about, be able to apply to the thumbnail and product views as well as be able to upload watermark images and set the watermark properties as well...

thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.