Using nopCommerce 2.8 instead of 2.65 after customizing the code.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 11 ans
Hi

Months ago I download nopCommerce 2.65 version and I customized lot of stuff (in Code with Views/ model etc.). I would like to use 2.8 with those customization. May I know how Codeplex can help me out in this.

Thanks & Best Regards

Jay Khatri
Il y a 11 ans
i also have same problem , i use nop 1.9 and i changed in code maybe %20-25 but i cant upgrade now to 2.8 because im not sure it will work and i dont know how to do also ..
Il y a 11 ans
you are using a tool to repository? if not I advise the TortoiseHg. Makes it quite easy to migrate from a custom to a new version. I do not know if I understand your question
Il y a 11 ans
CodeMaster wrote:
i also have same problem , i use nop 1.9 and i changed in code maybe %20-25 but i cant upgrade now to 2.8 because im not sure it will work and i dont know how to do also ..

I think in your case you will have to do manually, since there was a drastic change in the architecture of webforms to MVC
Il y a 11 ans
I customized a lot of stuff in 2.3 about a year ago.  I'm in the process of upgrading to 2.8 right now.  I keep everything in TFS so to do it I:

-Download 2.8 from CodePlex and create a new folder next to my normal one in TFS
-Do a baseless merge from my custom version to 2.8, this requires using the diff tool to resolve any conflicks
-Open the merged solution and go through and fix the errors that were missed in the merge.

It's definitely a pain.  If it's possible to make your changes through a plugin in the future, I would do that.  It's not always an option, though.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.