Nop 2.8 - pushing the bug fix in production environment.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 11 ans
Hi Nop Community:

I have been working / testing with Nop Commerce 2.8 version and while doing all these my understanding is if we use Nop Commerce cart/sfotware, we will have to do the website configuration each an every time we push a bug fix in production - this is because there is no way we can point a newer version (which contains small bug fix or enhancement) of Nop 2.8 to the current / existing database.

Atleast this is my understanding and it could be wrong and just wanted to understand how to avoid this huge effort of cart configuration every time we put a small fix/feature in production. There could be another way of updating only binaries, but I have noticed that system gives error messages in case we refresh a few binaries only.

Please share your thoughts how do you all do this in your day / today activities.

Regards,

I just had an experience of fixing a ccavenue (payment gateway) issue and was wondering how best we an avoid to reconfigure all the site and push the fix in current test environment.
Il y a 11 ans
rgujral wrote:
Hi Nop Community:

There is no way we can point a newer version (which contains small bug fix or enhancement) of Nop 2.8 to the current / existing database.

Luckily, this is not true. Your App_Data\Settings.txt file contains your database connection string. You can point your connection string to an existing database. So, nopCommerce is just like any other typical web application in this regard.
Il y a 11 ans
Thank You.

But that would not be complete solution as images kept on the disk would not show up in new client.

In a production environment there are ample images that sit on the disk in the relative path of the site hosted on the server and if we change the site, which would be a new path, how products, categories and manufacturers images would show up in new link ?

Getting interesting though. Thank You.
Il y a 11 ans
rgujral wrote:
Thank You.

But that would not be complete solution as images kept on the disk would not show up in new client.

In a production environment there are ample images that sit on the disk in the relative path of the site hosted on the server and if we change the site, which would be a new path, how products, categories and manufacturers images would show up in new link ?

Getting interesting though. Thank You.

Of course, you still need to "cook" a new deployable web folder to replace your current production. But it isn't too painful. It depends on how big the gap between your production environment and the vanilla nopCommerce is. Bringing your production Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt is a must. Also, the Content folder is a must. Other things depend on your customizations.

Some questions...
1. Have you added / removed any plugins?
2. Have you modified the default theme? Or have you installed a new theme?
3. Have you done any customizations to the core of NopCommerce?
Il y a 11 ans
I think it is better to update binaries affected than doing all this. While doing so, we will fix the issues if any and in case we need any help would come back to this forum.

Thanks for writing to us. Regards,
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.