Boss wants this for the product page: dropdown menus on the product page that allow customers to filter our product by it's variables/attributes/specifications. For instance:

Butterfly valves come in different diameters. Boss wants a dropdown menu that allows customer to choose a 5" diameter out of options for 5", 6", 7", 8", ect. Butterfly valves also come in different seats. Boss wants a dropdown menu that allows customers to choose which seat.

How do I do this exactly? Do I have to create one generic page for all Butterfly valves and then create two dozen product variants for each different type of butterfly valve?

If so, the problem with this is that we have an inventory maintained in a enterprise software called syspro. We use plugins and access databases to populate nopcommerce, mapping data fields from syspro to ones in nopcommerce. So every product already has its own product page. So in order to get dynamic attributes on a product page, do I have to build more generic product pages in reverse that eventually narrow down to the products that are already populating?