Import from Excel stops running if image is not found on server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 10 ans
Hello,

Has anyone found a reasonable workaround / fix for this issue:

When using the "Import from Excel" option to bulk import products, if the image specified in column "BR" (Picture1) (e.g. C:\HostingSpaces\accountname\domain.com\wwwroot\content\images\thumbs\sample-image.jpg
) of the spreadsheet is not found in the appropriate folder on the server the import stops running and shows the following error:

Could not find file 'C:\HostingSpaces\accountname\domain.com\wwwroot\content\images\thumbs\sample-image.jpg'.

What I'd like is for the import to keep running and either automatically use the default "No Image Found" file (i.e. "noDefaultImage_300.gif") or, use no image or, ideally, provide a list/report of items that no image was found for or not add the item but provide a list of items that were not added/imported due to no image found on the server.

Has anyone already handled this?  I have over 5000 items to add and I know that there will be plenty of items that will have this issue and restarting the import each time will be a pain.

Thanks in advance.

nopcanuck
Il y a 10 ans
Oh man how annoying.  Clearly the biggest obstacle in setting up Nopcommerce is the product import.  Looks like my life is going to be a living hell for the next week trying to import products.

Has anyone come up with a solution to get flawless imports from a CSV or XML file?
Il y a 10 ans
Actually, the import works very well.  It is only when a file name (for a product image) is entered into column "BR" on the spreadsheet doesn't exist on the server that there is an issue.

nopcanuck
Il y a 10 ans
If you're a developer, you could custom code a Try/Catch around the picture code.  I did it a for a customer (a long while back) .  I logged the errors/picture-filename to System>Log so that I knew which ones failed.
Il y a 10 ans
We encountered the same problem once.

There is need to change the export/import logic that if some picture is missing - to skip this one and go on - but do not to stop the whole process.
Il y a 10 ans
I ran into this issue as well. There is a quick fix. Just change this piece of code to make it continue if an image is missing.

In \Libraries\Nop.Services\ExportImport\ImportManager.cs – change:

if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(picture)

to

if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(picture) || !File.Exists(picture))
Il y a 10 ans
Thanks...

Your solution worked perfectly on our 2.65.

:-)
Il y a 10 ans
so, when you say the solution worked perfectly, is that to imply that the fix allows images to upload successfully? and where the heck is the libraries folder?

what i found after looking around was that my system was saying "user not granted permission to apppool\whatever directory"

is this an actual fix for it? doing a bulk import is KEY to this whole process - especially when i have 15K of product to update - if i can't do images, i'm screwwwwwed. i'm using 3.0 and would really like a solution/work-around/fake out whatever.....

here's what my errors read - but the list is long so i'll give you an example.
The 'IIS APPPOOL\MORA' account is not granted with Modify permission on folder 'C:\002WebRoot\MORA\App_Data'. Please configure these permissions.
The 'IIS APPPOOL\MORA' account is not granted with Modify permission on folder 'C:\002WebRoot\MORA\bin'. Please configure these permissions.
The 'IIS APPPOOL\MORA' account is not granted with Modify permission on folder 'C:\002WebRoot\MORA\content'. Please configure these permissions.

if these are fixed will it resolve the issue of not uploading an image?

p.s. i triple checked the path on my local and it is indeed correct. I still got this: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\omix_images\image\11001.01.jpg'.

i'm also guessing that given the lack of permissions everywhere - that once i resolve this - i'll have other problems to address. i sure hope not. i gotta get this thing rollin'!!
Il y a 10 ans
no additional info/feedback on this one? if i can juuuuuuuust get this img thing squared away i can fiiiiiinally start getting some product on my site. i hope anyway.....
Il y a 10 ans
You have dropped the images into appropriate folder on the server and referenced them in the corresponding column/cell on the spreadsheet?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.