Category Page Product Filters

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
Has anyone successfully placed the product filters below the category navigation in the sidebar or is this major change.
Il y a 14 ans
Yes I want to do that too for site wide product filtering. I've had some thoughts on it, I'll be trying a few ideas over the next week or two so I'll let you know.
Il y a 14 ans
This is simple to implement. Follow the steps below:

1. Goto Category.aspx
2. Register PriceRangeFilter and ProductSpecificationFilter on top of the page like below.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="PriceRangeFilter" Src="~/Modules/PriceRangeFilter.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="ProductSpecificationFilter" Src="~/Modules/ProductSpecificationFilter.ascx" %>

3. Inside the ContentPlaceHolder cph2 (left side) paste the following code (copied from Catgory/ProductsInGrid.ascx)

<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="cph2" runat="server">
    <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="pnlFilters" CssClass="ProductFilters">
        <div class="FilterTitle">
            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblProductFilterTitle">
                <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Products.FilterOptionsTitle")%>
            </asp:Label>
        </div>
        <div class="FilterItem">
            <nopCommerce:PriceRangeFilter ID="ctrlPriceRangeFilter" runat="server" />
        </div>
        <div class="FilterItem">
            <nopCommerce:ProductSpecificationFilter ID="ctrlProductSpecificationFilter" runat="server" />
        </div>
</asp:Panel>
</asp:Content>

4. Copy paste the snippet in code behind (Category.aspx.cs)

protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)
{
            base.OnInit(e);
            this.CreateChildControlsTree();
            ctrlProductSpecificationFilter.CategoryID = this.CategoryID;
            ctrlPriceRangeFilter.PriceRanges = category.PriceRanges;

ctrlProductSpecificationFilter.ReservedQueryStringParams = "CategoryID,";
}

Compile and run..You can see all the filters on the left side below the Category list.

Thanks
Venkat
Il y a 14 ans
Thanks Venkat, nice and simple.

Personally not sure about product specifications for delivering data, seems to be a better filter and search tool.

Would be nice to replace the hyperlink with a check box too...
Il y a 13 ans
Is there an update for this for 1.6 and above?

EDIT: Got the Price Ranges to work, but not the Specifications.
Il y a 13 ans
Hi all. Thanks you - it very interesting  for me. But step 4 is error. Underline categoryID. Write don't find metod. Help me

ctrlProductSpecificationFilter.CategoryID = this.CategoryID;
Il y a 13 ans
Please copy all code category.aspx and category.aspx.cx* and show me. Thank you
Il y a 13 ans
I want product filter attribute on the left side. You can look at this
http://gifts.nopcommerceskin.com/category/51-notebooks.aspx
Il y a 13 ans
Nice..want to share this. Or is this to difficult?
Il y a 13 ans
Am understand how doing this but step  4 is error. Who can help me. If can filter on the left part - help me.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.