Recurring payment with PayPal (using nop 2.8)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 10 ans
Hello.  

I'm using nop 2.8 with PayPal standard.  No problems with payment processing until now that I'm doing something new: recurring payments.  I'm trying to test it.

I have setup a product variant to be a recurring product: cycle length 1, cycle period Days, Total cycles 3.

When a user is checking out to buy this recurring product, in step 4 of the checkout, "Payment Methods", they get a message that says "No payment methods available".

In Configuration > Payment Methods, I have Payments.PayPalStandard active.  I see that there is no support for this system in the column "Recurring support".

However, Payments.PayPalDirect does have the support for it.

Is it correct that I need to use Payments.PayPalDirect?  If so I would have the following followup questions:

1. What kind of account do I need from PayPal to use PayPalDirect?  In other words, what do I ask/signup for?
2. Does PayPalDirect require an account type from PayPal that is for a monthly fee?  I talked to them and they said that the basic service I have with them does support recurring payments as long as the customer is paying with PayPal ( no credit cards ).
3. If I setup PayPalDirect should I turn off PayPalStandard or keep both?  I'm assuming that PayPalDirect is a better service that does everything that PayPalStandard does plus more. Is that right or is there some reason to keep PayPalStandard active?

Thanks in advance.
Il y a 6 ans
Bump

Any thoughts for nopCommerce 3.90?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.