Where do forum total posts get updated?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
I am trying to find the method which increments a users post by 1, i think I have been working to long because I can't see it.

Any help?

Thanks
Il y a 14 ans
I'm having a hard time tracking it down also.  Must be something magical.
Il y a 14 ans
Maybe its a trigger in the database....let me see..
Il y a 14 ans
Okay don't see any triggers..
Il y a 14 ans
Stored Procedure Nop_CustomerUpdateCounts updates the table Nop_Customer with the number of Posts the customer has (Nop_Customer.TotalForumPosts) based on the count of their userID in table Nop_Forums_Post.

SP Nop_CustomerUpdateCounts is executed from SP Nop_Forums_PostInsert.

SP Nop_Forums_PostInsert is executed by SQLForumProvider.InsertPost() (Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Content\Forums\SQLForumProvider.cs).

Il y a 14 ans
ohhh yeah...I just came back to say the same...I actually looked at Nop_Forums_PostInsert SP when first posted but somehow I missed it.
Il y a 14 ans
cheers, folks...
Il y a 13 ans
Were you guys researching this as part of moving the ForumProvider to another database? I'm interested in doing that and it looks like I would lose the customer post count functionality if I did. It looks pretty straightforward otherwise since the customerID is not a FK in any of the Nop_Forum* tables.

Has anyone tried breaking out the forum into its own database?

Many thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.