EXIF and IPTC metadata

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 9 ans
Hi,

I am working on latest version of nopCommerce v3.40 to upload images in admin section for products.

My images contains EXIF and IPTC metadata those I want to extract during upload.(I already have the code to extract these information).

EXIF is what the camera adds to the RAW or JPEG file (eg, Camera model, date of shot, exposure info)
IPTC is what you add (eg, location, copyright, keywords)

Pictures are being uploaded asynchronously by default using  AsyncUpload() present in
file: "\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Controllers\PictureController.cs"
and pictureId, pictureURL are available as json response.

Problem:
When I tried to get image based on pictureId the generated image having no EXIF and IPTC metadata but the original image have these information embedded. Seems like nopCommerce File Upload and Regeneration of image will remove these information.

Question:
Is there anyway to preserve the EXIF and IPTC metadata on picture upload for products?

I will really appreciate if someone let me know a quick fix.

Thanks
Abdul
Il y a 9 ans
It's hard to say where it's removed because nopCommerce uses a third-party library (ImageResizer) to process pictures.
Il y a 9 ans
I think its been removed as soon as images is being processed by third party library  (ImageResizer).
Il y a 9 ans
@Support,

I just visited their website and they have a latest  Release "Resizer 3.4.3 - May 8 2014" and they have added metadata copy support (Copies all metadata from the source image to the destination image. )

If I will upgrade ImageRezier library where should I need to replace it in nopCommerce?
Il y a 9 ans
@Support

I really interested to use CopyMetadata plugin with nopCommerce but could not figure it yet.

Please help.

Thanks
Il y a 3 ans
Im interested also how to preserve that.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.