How to make pages private ? Just for the users ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
sch09 wrote:
let me know if it works out.

I just posted above
Il y a 14 ans
then your only option is to :

1 - add a new custom action in Nop_CustomerActions table :called "NewActionName"
2 - Create the new roles
3 - Assign the Action right to that role
4 - Check if user is logged in
5 - if user is logged in then check if he has access to the new action:

ACLManager.IsActionAllowed("NewActionName");
Il y a 14 ans
sch09 wrote:

1 - add a new custom action in Nop_CustomerActions table :called "NewActionName"
2 - Create the new roles

But i guess ACL Manager is in 1.5 version, but i am using 1.4 version, i am confused about the fact that in 1.4 version, what is the use of role management HERE
If we create role here what's the use / disadvantage of creating role in between when the website is Live ?
Il y a 14 ans
the roles can have discounts attached - eg

you could create a role such as    loyalty discount   then create a 20% discount attached to that role   and then attach

customer  'mike' to this role

then mike gets the 20% discount
Il y a 14 ans
sch09 wrote:

2 - Create the new roles

Thanks haydie for your reply...

Anyone please help me what should i do in order to solve my issue of making a page private ?

Regarding ACLManager, i am using 1.4 version and 1.5 consists of ACL feature
so what should i do in order to accomplish in 1.4version as it's not easy for me to upgrade to 1.5 as i did many modification in 1.4version so it's a whole new task and right now i cannot do it

Please guys guide me in solving this issue of tech.aspx page private for selected users only
Il y a 14 ans
hmm.. sorry I did not read the question properly before..

Are you using a shared hosting with a control panel?

If so could you not use the control panel and make a new folder call it 'Tech' and password protect it? and upload your pages to this?

mike..
Il y a 14 ans
nopCommerce team | Mike wrote:
hmm.. sorry I did not read the question properly before..

Are you using a shared hosting with a control panel?

If so could you not use the control panel and make a new folder call it 'Tech' and password protect it? and upload your pages to this?

mike..

Sorry i didn't get what do you mean by shared hosting and it's control panel ?, My website is on the in-house company server which is only for the website, and how to connect a server with a folder ?

and my issue is not possible in programming ? i mean what my requirement is not possible ?
Il y a 14 ans
Even better,

You could just password protect the 'Tech' folder in IIS? then all users will be prompted to login before they enter the tech folder..

mike..
Il y a 14 ans
nopCommerce team | Mike wrote:
Even better,

You could just password protect the 'Tech' folder in IIS? then all users will be prompted to login before they enter the tech folder..

mike..

Thanks Mike for the suggestion, i will try it and i will reply here back if that works for me or not...
Il y a 14 ans
I tried making the folder protect by password

I followed these steps to protect a folder by password : (Windows on server - MS Windows Server 2003)

1.  Select the folder you wish to encrypt.
   2. Right-click the folder and click Properties.
   3. Click the Advanced button.
   4. Check "Encrypt contents to secure data" option.
   5. Click Apply and then Ok.

After doing these things it never asks for any password: it gives this page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.
Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
    * Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Access Control, and About Custom Error Messages.

Please GUIDE ME IN A RIGHT DIRECTION (How to make it ask for password ?)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.