Free Shipping Coupon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
I setup a discount coupon to apply to shipping, but not matter what configuration I setup, no discount applies to shipping.

Is there a way to setup a discount coupon to make shipping free? It would be easy if we had one rate for all shipping but the shipping fees change based on order amount.

Thanks
Il y a 14 ans
in admin, go to promotions-->discounts

add new
Discount type     is a drop down list    select    signed to shipping

a discount requirement set to 'none'   should apply it to everyone but you can limit to to particular customers if you like
Il y a 14 ans
Figured it out - but it only sort of makes sense.

In order to get the free shipping coupon to work, I had to setup the discount to have a really high amount. Initially I left it at $0.00 thinking the system would just set the shipping costs to $0.00.

What I ended up doing was applying a $1000 discount (shipping would never get to this amount) and it worked. Now I assume that this was necessary due to the backend logic, but technically shouldn't the system just cancel out the shipping costs if I have opted the coupon to apply only to shipping?

Thanks!
Il y a 14 ans
if you edit the discount,

there is a checkbox beside 'use percentage'- tick it  

when you do,    'Discount amount:'     (in the next line down ) changes to      Discount Percentage

set this to 100

save

this should give a shipping discount of 100%
Il y a 14 ans
Thanks Haydie!

I was making this way too complicated -
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.