So dum question but What is and how do you perform a rebuild after editing a .cs file??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
So dum question but What is and how do you perform a rebuild after editing a .cs file??
Il y a 14 ans
Well, that is a million dollar question.  Luckily enough, I have not had to make any changes to a .cs file... YET.
Il y a 14 ans
Well I needed to change the froogle.aspx.cs file to make it create a static name instead of a time stamped one so it will work with froogle automatically and eliminate the need to do a manual upload, so I followed the instructions on another post to change the .cs file and I uploaded but now my site won't work, and I have read elsewhere that you have to rebuild once you edit a .cs file.

What the heck is rebuilding? And how do I do it so I can get my site up again, because it won't load anything now, not even if I upload the froogle.aspx.cs back up I made.
Il y a 14 ans
Are you develpoing in Visual Studio?  I think you need to recompile in VS then upload the whole site.  I don't know, I have been asking the same question.  I would test my suspession  but I am working late today.

Chad
Il y a 14 ans
No I am just hard coding it all, with the occasional opening of dreamweaver, haven't used much VS as of late, so I am not if I would know were to start.
Il y a 14 ans
I love DW but had to drop it because of it's lack of support for asp.net.  Visual Studio is not so bad.  I have a hosting account that I am not using.  I was going to upload a 1.50 on it anyway, so I think the first thing I will do is edit a .cs page to see what happens.  I don't dare do it to my (almost live) site.

Chad
Il y a 14 ans
We use Visual Studio to build and or rebuild locally and FTP changes and DLL to site after that.

We never make code changes at live site.
Il y a 14 ans
So then does nay know what I can do to get the site back up and running?

I have already deleted and upload the entire server back up from before I made the change and it hasn't had any luck in restoring the site to functioning...
Il y a 14 ans
its the http://www.wholesaleselfdefense.net
Il y a 14 ans
Thank you asp5.  Does this mean you work with two different databases?

Chad
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.