Extremely Slow Home Page Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 8 ans
Hi,

We built and run support on this site: http://northseaworkear.com in the UK. At the moment, the home page can take between 6 to 12 (sometimes longer) seconds to load. Once on the site, product and brand pages etc. seem to load perfectly fine at around 2 to 3 seconds. Yet, when you try to navigate back to the home page again you get same wait time which is unacceptable really.

We've tried and checked everything we can with the install and on the server. Made sure all unused admin settings are disabled that would affect performance such as Ignore ACL Rules, Ignore Limit Per Store etc. we even stripped all of the content from the home page on the test version of the site to see if there was anything there slowing things down, but nothing seemed to speed it up. The site is on a dedicated OVH Cloud server which appears to have enough RAM etc. to run the application, we have 'keep alive' enabled etc. too, so no issues with shared hosting or application pool timing out etc.

When running site speed tests on Pingdom (http://tools.pingdom.com) we can see that the majority of page load time (up to 5 seconds) is spent 'waiting for data from the server', which doesn't really tell us too much.

This site is running on nop V 3.4.

We have other installations of nop on another server which all load up within 2 to 4 seconds which is of course much more acceptable.

If anyone has any ideas on what the issue could be, or if you need any more details from me, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks very much.
Il y a 8 ans
Have you check with your hosting provider in regard to this issue?

1) You can use  the pingdom service to check your website constantly so that your site remains alive (many times this causes the long loading time when you do no have enough traffic and site goes idle every now and then)

2) Make sure you have enough resources required for a nopCommerce site on your hosting server
Il y a 8 ans
L.K wrote:
Have you check with your hosting provider in regard to this issue?

1) You can use  the pingdom service to check your website constantly so that your site remains alive (many times this causes the long loading time when you do no have enough traffic and site goes idle every now and then).

2) Make sure you have enough resources required for a nopCommerce site on your hosting server

Hi, thanks very much for your reply. Yes we've checked both of the above, as mentioned in the post. The site is being kept alive (it's a relatively high traffic site so shouldn't really timeout too often). Server resources checked out ok too.
Il y a 8 ans
Further tests here (http://www.webpagetest.org) show that the site has a problem with 'First Byte Time' which explains the wait time, and also use of CDN (?).

Are these known issues for nopCommerce or are they server/domain issues?
Il y a 8 ans
What plugins you use , standard installation of nopcommerce doesn't use CDN links,.
Also you can enable miniprofiler tool for further speed evaluation, in admin panel , configuration>setting>all settings search for "storeinformationsettings.displayminiprofilerinpublicstore" and set it to 'true'
Il y a 8 ans
Lucho wrote:
What plugins you use , standard installation of nopcommerce doesn't use CDN links,.
Also you can enable miniprofiler tool for further speed evaluation, in admin panel , configuration>setting>all settings search for "storeinformationsettings.displayminiprofilerinpublicstore" and set it to 'true'

Thanks Lucho, I have enabled the mini profiler and it shows the page load times in the top left hand corner. I took a carbon copy of the live site and transferred to test so i can deactivate some plugins. The most recently added one was by the client themselves called "SEO Optimizer". Looks like it changes the home page meta data and also resizes images when scheduled. It's also running a mega menu plug in but we've already ruled that out by deactivating it.

Note: We are now seeing page load speeds closer to 5 seconds on the home page which is better than it was certainly, but still slow in comparison to the product pages.
Il y a 8 ans
Hi Stevi

I manage nopCommerce websites on my dedicated server and use Cloudflare (CDN), and host various versions of nopCommerce none of which are slow as they are in there own application pools, if you would like to Skype me on xtremecommerce, I'll see what I can do to help you.

Kind Regards
Ron Palmer
Il y a 8 ans
Thanks guys. We uninstalled the SEO Optimizer plugin on the test site, and the page load speeds appear to be back to normal (as well as attempting scheduled optimisation of images, it allows users to set the home page meta data which may account for the delay every time it's loaded). Kind of ironic I guess considering it's meant to be an optimizer, but after two days wasted trying to pinpoint this problem i'm struggling to see the funny side.
Il y a 6 ans
I have installed nopcommerce 3.90 in my web server and it is running fine.

When I try to load the home page is taking less than 1 second:

Total: 703 ms
96.0 ms Loading
305.0 ms Scripting
45.0 ms Rendering
3.0 ms Painting
64.0 ms Other
189.9 ms Idle

Then if I install nop.api plugin and I try to open the home page is taking about 49 seconds. First request and subsequent requests:

Total: 48708 ms
1.0 ms Loading
4.0 ms Scripting
75.0 ms Rendering
32.0 ms Painting
120.0 ms Other
48476.0 ms Idle

Is there any setting that I have to update in order to solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Leonardo
Il y a 3 ans
lculjak wrote:
I have installed nopcommerce 3.90 in my web server and it is running fine.

When I try to load the home page is taking less than 1 second:

Total: 703 ms
96.0 ms Loading
305.0 ms Scripting
45.0 ms Rendering
3.0 ms Painting
64.0 ms Other
189.9 ms Idle

Then if I install nop.api plugin and I try to open the home page is taking about 49 seconds. First request and subsequent requests:

Total: 48708 ms
1.0 ms Loading
4.0 ms Scripting
75.0 ms Rendering
32.0 ms Painting
120.0 ms Other
48476.0 ms Idle

Is there any setting that I have to update in order to solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Leonardo

I am still having this same issue and I am on 4.30.

Is there an answer to this question
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.