Products by Customer Category

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
Is it possible to only allow purchase of specific products if a customer is a specific role? For instance a customer can only purchase a specific license badge if he is licenses in that area, thus he would be given that role by the administrator.
Il y a 14 ans
Currently this feature is not available in nopCommerce 1.5 , you have to modify/add some coding in order to accomplish this kind of feature
Il y a 14 ans
Are there any suggested methods of creating this functionality? What source files do I need to start digging into?
Il y a 14 ans
I believe this will be addressed in the 1.6 release, but I couldn't wait...

I've done something like this for our site (www.invisaleash.com).  We have products available to the general public and then specific items available to wholesalers (with their own pricing).  When you sign up for a wholesale account, you get a role named "Wholesale" attached to your account.

I didn't tie it to a category though (because products can be in multiple categories and such) -- i tied it right to the products.  I created a new "product type" named "Wholesale", and flagged the appropriate items as such.  I had to manually insert an record in the nop_ProductType table -- couldn't see where to do that in the UI.

That was the easy part -- next, I had to modify a series of stored procedures and several of the class/code-behind files to implement the limitations.  I don't recall all the changes off hand (I have it documented elsewhere), but basically, I ended up passing the logged in customer ID down to the stored procedures so they could limit the results.  If the customer wasn't logged in, I passed a 0 (zero) down and considered that "anonymous", or as a standard retail visitor.

If it's something you can't wait for, let me know and I can try to put together more info on our implementation.

Jerry
Il y a 14 ans
That is very slick and I really would love to implement that this weekend! I would appreciate your documentation to implement this! I have a client breathing down my neck...

Thank you!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.