Running nopCommerce on Visual Studio 2010, why so many errors ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
Express edition (including VWD) has many many restrictions.
So I recommend using Professinal or higher SKU.

You can check Professional before buying it.
Trial version of VS2010. (Ultimate and Professional)
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/download
Il y a 14 ans
kanata wrote:
Express edition (including VWD) has many many restrictions.
So I recommend using Professinal or higher SKU.

You can check Professional before buying it.
Trial version of VS2010. (Ultimate and Professional)
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/download

Thanks for the advise, i know Pro version is available but it is quite big in size that's why i tried express edition so that i don't have to install such a heavy software just for trial. (solution used to work in 2008 express so i thought it will work in 2010 also)
Il y a 14 ans
I had the same problem when I tried to open the NopComm (no-source) version. (NopComm v 1.5) Visual Studio 2010 didn't like it because it couldn't compile the site (all the dependencies were missing). When I downloaded the source-included version and opened the SOLUTION (.sln) file, I got the project conversion wizard.

You should only have to press next, finish. Then it will prompt if you want to upgrade the .NET Runtime version to 4.0. ANSWER NO!! and check the box to apply your answer to all other projects.

It takes a while, since there are so many source files, but it should load up fine for you after that.
Il y a 13 ans
Hello!
Im having the same problem as abcd_12345, and using the same microsoft web developer 2010 express.

Althought i get 149 errors, i run it on debug and it runs, but i cant add references and i dont know what else i cant do
Il y a 13 ans
Let that wizard do it's thing....it just wants to convert certain formatting stuff that you will not need to worry about.  Kind of like how a 2010 word document would need to convert some stuff for a 2005 word document.  It will keep the current frame work you are working with in the same version.  I have to use this conversion wizard like everytime I open a project in VS2010 but it does not harm everything.  Everything continues to operate normally and predictably.
Il y a 13 ans
i am running nopcommerce 1.9 in vs2010 ultimate, it shows an error " Login Failed . The login from an Untrusted Domain and Cannot be used with Windows Authentication"

Is Visual Studio 2010  Compatible for NopCommerce 1.9?
Il y a 13 ans
yes, completly - can you give more details about where you are finding the error ?
Il y a 13 ans
Hi Haydie,

Thank you for your reply.

1.   The exception shows in the function "GetAllSettings()" in  "SettingManager.cs".

The exception is  " EntityException was unhandled by user code  " The underlying provider failed on Open.""

This exception shows in the line "var settings = query.ToDictionary(s => s.Name.ToLowerInvariant());"

2. The exception shows in the function "public Log InsertLog(LogTypeEnum logType, int severity, string message,Exception exception, string IPAddress, int customerId, string pageUrl)"  in "LogService.cs".

The exception is " EntityException was unhandled by user code  " The underlying provider failed on Open.""
            This exception shows in the line " _context.SaveChanges();".

After shows these exceptions shows the error on browser is  "Server Error in '/' Application.

Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.
            Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication".

Thanks & Regards,
Webqa
Il y a 13 ans
Hi Haydie,

The Issue is solved.
         This is not the problem of visual studio 2010 ultimate /Professional edition, but this is the problem of sql server authentication.

okay anyway thank you for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Webqa
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.