Global Settings - 'Sys' is undefined Javascript error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
Good people,

I have recently installed nopCommerce by adding it from the Microsoft Web App galary. It is a Windows 2008 box, hosted professionally and the install all went smoothly.

However, whenever I click administrator, configuration, global settings the page comes up blank and I get the following web browser error 'Sys' is undefined, in globalsettings.aspx

I have tried from various machines with various browsers....

My research suggest this might be related to AJAX and the web config file, can anyone suggest how I might resolve this?

Thanks

Scott
Il y a 13 ans
Problem was fixed by adding IIS7 handlers
Il y a 13 ans
I've just run into the same problem, do you have any details on what IIS7 handlers you added to fix this problem?
Il y a 13 ans
I have now resolved this problem.

In case anyone else runs into this and finds themselves on this page, I found the problem was due to the HTTP Handlers as Scott says.  This problem arose because I created the website in IIS7 using my Plesk Control panel (v9).  The default HTTP Handlers created by this app were pointing to .NET Framework 2.0 DLLs.  The version of NOPCommerce I had installed was 1.7 and this requires HTTP Handlers for .NET Framework 4.0.

To fix, do the following:

- If you installed .NET Framework 4.0 AFTER IIS7:
    - go to a command line prompt
    - change directory to .NET Framework 4.0 folder
      (usually %WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 or
       if you're using a 64-bit platform, %WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319)
    - run ASPNET_REGIIS -i

- Open IIS Manager
- Navigate to your website using the explorer tree
- Double click 'Handler Mappings' from the IIS features
- On the right hand side of the screen, click on 'Revert to Inherited'

This will ensure that you have the required HTTP Handlers and your problem should go away!

I hope this helps

Regards
Alan
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.