Unchecking "Published:" on a product, it disappears from the inventory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
I just noticed that when I uncheck "Published:" from a product, it disappears from my inventory and I can not run a report on all products, the product reports is only showing Published products.

Anyone have an idea why?

The only way to get the products back in the web admin is by going into the SQL MGMT Studio and changing the product published from false to true.
Il y a 14 ans
Sorry i didn't understand your question clearly

Here's the solution of what i understood by your post:

You can always publish/un-publish any product from the admin section.

Go to admin section >    Catalog   >   Products   >   Manage Products  

search for the specific product which you unpublished

you should get that product in the search result,

click on that product by going to "Edit", now you will be on this page "Edit product details"

Scroll down and you will see checkbox "Published:"

MARK the checkbox and you don't have to go to database again and again.

Hope it helps....
Il y a 14 ans
Yeah this is the issue. If I got to a product and edit it. Uncheck the "Published" buttton. I can no longer find the product when I search for it by name. Also that product no longer is in a product export when going to Products --> Manage Products --> export to excel.

This seems a little odd to me because I would think the "Published" button would be meant to just unpublish the product from showing on the website, not from totally disappearing from the "export to excel" feature and any other reporting from the administration portion of the website.

The only way I can find the product is through the SQL admin..

Does that make more sense?
Il y a 14 ans
It works fine. Try it here. Presume that you modified you source code (or stored procedures) to don't load unpublished products.
Il y a 14 ans
Hi Adnrei,

Thanks for the reply. I did not change the source code on my admin site or any of the pages to not load unpublished products.

The sql server at wesbsite4life is 2008 and godaddy was 2005.

Think something happened when I moved from godaddy?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.