Tax Jar Settings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 7 ans
Hello everyone,
We are going to use the TaxJar plugin to calculate our sales tax that need to be collected. Everything seemed to be going great except that It wants to charge sales tax on every one not just customers that reside inside of Oklahoma.

Any suggestions????
Il y a 6 ans
Hi WomackDesigns,
Have you gotten a solution to this? I am experiencing the same issue.

Paul
Il y a 6 ans
Hi Pual,
No I have not. I recommend going with Avalara at this point. We did and it is working good.

PS: We still used the free plugin for Avalara even though they did not recommend it and so far there have not been any issues.
Il y a 6 ans
Hi!

I'm having the same issue. I reached out to TaxJar Support to find out what the problem is. Then I reached out to the nopCommerce Team developer of the plugin to share the details of the issue as provided by TaxJar.

I've pasted the information below with TaxJar's explanation of the problem. I'll let yo know if I receive a response.

-Ken

Dear nopCommerce Team,

I've downloaded, installed and tested the TaxJar plugin for my new nopCommerce site, and I'm having an issue. The API is returning tax rates. But it is returning tax rates for all states, not just my nexus state. I only have sales tax nexus in New Jersey. The API should only return tax rates for New Jersey, not all states.

I contacted TaxJar support, and they informed mt that the plugin is calling the wrong endpoint in the TaxJar API. Its sending the request to /rates, when it should be sending the request to /taxes.

I have pasted my inquiry to TaxJar below with their very detailed response regarding exactly what is happening.

Could you please review this and let me know if you can correct the plugin? I'm launching my website on August 1st and its very important to collect the correct sales tax.

Please let me know.

Thanks very much
Ken  

New submission from www.taxjar.com/contact/
TS
TaxJar Support

Reply all|
Thu 7/20, 9:02 PM
Ken

Action Items
Hey Ken!
I am happy to help with this!  Regrettably, this is a known bug with the NopCommerce integration.  We would fix it, but they wrote the integration themselves.  We have had a few customers ask us about this and I reached out to NopCommerce with a fix, but since no one reported it to them, they did not want to fix it.  

The issue is that they are calling the wrong endpoint in our API when someone is in the checkout process.  They are sending the request to /rates which just sends back the rate for the location they are in.  Then they do the calculation on their backend and display it to the customer.

What should be happening is they should be sending the request to /taxes and we will provide the calculation for them, but only if it is necessary to charge sales tax (it's being shipped to a nexus state).

I believe some of the other customers eventually reached out, so I recommend reaching out to them and giving them this information as well.  If you know c# you could probably throw up a pull request to their extension.  I have looked into it myself, but I haven't gotten around to it yet (I don't know c# so it would take me some time).

I am sorry I couldn't be more help!  Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.
Cheers,
Matthew Campbell

-----
? Have you heard? TaxJar now offers AutoFile in EVERY STATE! Enroll today.

Did you know? We offer a 10% discount if you choose an Annual subscription plan instead of Monthly subscription payments.

NOTE: The information provided by TaxJar support is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. Please consult a tax professional for specific tax guidance.
[email protected] on July 20, 2017 at 12:34pm wrote:

New Form Submission
Hey there,
Someone just submitted your form on www.taxjar.com/contact/. Here's what they had to say:
first_name  
Ken

I have signed up for a TaxJar account and am using the plugin for my new  nopCommerce web site. I'm currently testing the API prior to my site's launch.

The API is returning sales tax, but its returning tax rates for all states. Not just my Nexus state.

I have Nexus in NJ only. This is set up in my TaxJar account. I tested CA & FL addresses and the API is returning sales tax amounts.

How do I correct this?
This form was submitted at 07:34 PM UTC - 20 July 2017.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.