I certainly hope someone can help with this issue.

I have recently moved a working site from one host to another. The new host is not authenticating email with the setup I have.

Site is store.mydomain.com.au, email is [email protected].

The last hosting location would allow authentication from the sub domain through an email from the main domain. The new hosting does not. I keep getting error messages about it. as below.

However, when I select to use the system email account for the contact form, the contact form works. The test email does not.

Frustrated.

Short message
Error sending e-mail. Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
Full message
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Bad sequence of commands. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server. at System.Net.Mail.RecipientCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at Nop.Services.Messages.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailAccount emailAccount, String subject, String body, String fromAddress, String fromName, String toAddress, String toName, String replyTo, String replyToName, IEnumerable`1 bcc, IEnumerable`1 cc, String attachmentFilePath, String attachmentFileName, Int32 attachedDownloadId, IDictionary`2 headers) at Nop.Services.Messages.QueuedMessagesSendTask.Execute()