Could someone explain/correct in layman terms how to upgrade a site with Webmatrix, and yes I read the instructions, but they are Chinese for non-init

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 6 ans
I am an absolute beginner and
so far, what I understood is:

- make backup : I copied the site to a desktop file

- execute upgrade script : I downloaded, extracted, opened the file in Webmatrix and I pressed CTRL A and CTRL C to copy it

- opened the file with the old site copied the DB in another file

- opened file old DB in Webmatrix, pressed new DB at the bottom, new query, pasted the upgrade script with CTRL V and pressed Execute in top bar

- in a new file : I downloaded the new version, extracted it and added App_Data installedPlugins.txt and settings.txt from the very first version of the site

- so the new file has nothing but the  App_Data installedPlugins.txt and settings.txt from earlier original version

- Questions / what I miss to understand : is the only thing you upgrade the DB ? How do you integrate the executed DB in the new version ?

- I have tried very hard, by copying and pasting parts of the other two updates that were made earlier by someone else - but I can not run the new version

Thank you for assisting !
Il y a 6 ans
What version do you have and what version are trying to upgrade to?

Is there any custom modifications to the core?
Il y a 6 ans
Thank you for your reply.  I have a 2.80 that was updated 5 years ago from 2.60.  It was made from the no source version and some adaptations have been made.
Il y a 6 ans
sognamaria wrote:
Thank you for your reply.  I have a 2.80 that was updated 5 years ago from 2.60.  It was made from the no source version and some adaptations have been made.

I would suggest you to do it manually.

http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Upgrading+nopCommerce
Il y a 6 ans
sognamaria wrote:

Whatever you do always take a full backup of the website files AND the database.

Are you seeing an error (i'm assuming so). Have you checked the database to see if nop is logging an error?
Il y a 6 ans
Could you please clarify my description ?

When pressing Run in Webmatrix I get a list of mistakes.

As a consequence the description lacks something.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.