Products Viewable only to Customers who purchased before?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 6 ans
Hi there,

We have certain accessory products that can only be purchased if they had purchased the main product prior.  I know that registered customers ocan view certain products but we only want the register customers that purchased the main product to view the accessories.

Is there a way to configure this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Il y a 6 ans
loulou wrote:
Hi there,

We have certain accessory products that can only be purchased if they had purchased the main product prior.  I know that registered customers ocan view certain products but we only want the register customers that purchased the main product to view the accessories.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is not possible out-of-the-box, but I can think of one way to do it..though it would require a new chore for your admin to keep up with...

You'd have to create new customer roles.... "Product1Owner", "Product2Owner", etc...
Then, on your accessory for Product1, you'd limit it to the role: "Product1Owner"...and on your accessory for Product2, you'd limit it to the role of "Product2Owner", etc..

Then when a customer buys "Product1", your admin must add that customer to the "Product1Owner" role.

Then Product1 would appear for everyone who enters your site, but no "buy now" button will appear unless the customer is logged in and is in the correct role (meaning that they have already purchased Product1)
Il y a 6 ans
loulou wrote:

When adding a new customer role there's an option called Purchased with product that can be used to automatically assign the role to customers who purchase that product.

You can then use the Access control list setting on each of the relevant accessorie's Edit product details page (Advanced mode) to make them only visible customers in that role. One limitation of this is that it wouldn't be possible to buy the accessories at the same time as the main product, but maybe that's not a requirement for you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.