Problem running 4.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 6 ans
Can I also assume that trying to run the Source version in VS Express is not going to open it? I tried installing VS Express to open the source file and publish it to see if the final structure looked the same as the No Source download, but on opening it VS Express wants to convert everything, and then after that Nop.Web will not work.

I cannot get the No Source version of 4.0 to run locally or on my remote server but I cannot find a reason why anywhere?
Il y a 6 ans
Ok, I have a development which may point to my web server being the issue.

I realised that VS Express was being discontinued and saw that there was another product called Visual Studio Community. I downloaded and installed that locally, and this time it gave me an option to open a website (as opposed to a project which was all the Express allowed). I then navigated to the No Source folder and it open within VS Community. I then tried viewing in a browser and the installation page appeared, so all is running correctly on my local machine.

What would this indicate is missing from my web server that means it cannot do the same thing?
Il y a 6 ans
dashdesigns wrote:
Ok, I have a development which may point to my web server being the issue.

I realised that VS Express was being discontinued and saw that there was another product called Visual Studio Community. I downloaded and installed that locally, and this time it gave me an option to open a website (as opposed to a project which was all the Express allowed). I then navigated to the No Source folder and it open within VS Community. I then tried viewing in a browser and the installation page appeared, so all is running correctly on my local machine.

What would this indicate is missing from my web server that means it cannot do the same thing?

Hello,

I observed you have been facing issue with v4.

That is straight forward process.

If you want run at local environment than you should vs17 for better use.

.net core sdk in your system.

Apart from this you can check system requirement from here.

If run at iis.

You have to install .net core hosting bundle.

That's set for iis.

You can download this bundle from here.

Hope you'll understand..!!
Il y a 6 ans
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just realised I had installed the wrong Core type on the server. This may be the issue. I will try the one you suggested now.
Il y a 6 ans
Yes, this fixed it and it is now running. Thank you so much!
Il y a 6 ans
dashdesigns wrote:
Yes, this fixed it and it is now running. Thank you so much!

Your welcome..!!

Enjoy..😀
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.