publishing it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
Hi,
ok - dev is done and I am trying to publish the site.  All kinds of problems...  
I published it from Visual Studio 2008.  
The first problem is that it is saying I have a duplicate section in my web.config file.  Frustratingly, I do not have access to the server itself and I have to use the DotNetPanel control panel to do things.  So I am wondering if it changed my config file?
Has anyone seen this before?
Thank for any help...
Judy
Il y a 13 ans
I've used DotNetPanel lots of times with Nop and it does work fine.  If you change things in the controlpanel it will update the web.config depending on what options you select.  I would just manually upload your web.config from dev to your live site using FTP.

Thanks,
Matthew
Il y a 13 ans
Thank you.  I just tried that and I am still getting the same error.  (I am new to Dot Net Panel - pardon the newbie responses)  Is there a way to see the whole file from that tiny edit box in the cpanel file manager?

Here is my error according to the cPanel:

Error: There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.AppHostWritableAdminManager.GetAdminSection(String bstrSectionName, String bstrSectionPath)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Configuration.GetSectionInternal(ConfigurationSection section, String sectionPath, String locationPath)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Configuration.GetSection(String sectionPath, Type type)
at WebsitePanel.Providers.Web.Iis.DirectoryBrowse.DirectoryBrowseModuleService.GetDirectoryBrowseSettings(String siteId)
at WebsitePanel.Providers.Web.IIs70.FillVirtualDirectoryFromIISObject(WebVirtualDirectory virtualDir)
at WebsitePanel.Providers.Web.IIs70.GetSite(String siteId)
at WebsitePanel.Server.WebServer.GetSite(String siteId)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at WebsitePanel.Providers.Web.WebServer.GetSite(String siteId)
at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.WebServerController.GetWebSite(Int32 siteItemId)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esWebServers.GetWebSite(Int32 siteItemId)
at WebsitePanel.Portal.WebSitesEditSite.BindWebSite()
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.