Admin Setting Changes don't update on interface until the application is restarted.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 6 ans
I've deployed to Azure and any admin settings changes I make do not work in the interface until I restart the application. For example, if I check on "Display New Products" in the General Settings and save the page, it comes back with the checkbox off instead of on. If I restart the application after that, it is checked. It does that to a bunch of other settings as well. I don't have this issue in my local development environment. I checked the logs and nop commerce doesn't report any errors. Has anyone experienced this?
Il y a 6 ans
I created a fresh NopCommerce MarketPlace site in Azure and it behaves the same way right out of the box. Anyone have a solution for this?
Il y a 6 ans
Turns it is caching doing it's job. After you save your setting change, if you click the gear button in the top right of your admin site, there is a Clear Cache feature. Just clear the cache and your settings view will be refreshed and match what you originally submitted and saved to the db. That explains why I never saw it in a development/debugging environment and why the setting would be correct after an app restart. Hopefully this saves time for someone else who is baffled by a setting not updating in production. It's not a great experience to make a change and then see it reverted on the screen after a save. Perhaps something the NopCommerce team can consider fixing. :)
Il y a 5 ans
[email protected] wrote:
Turns it is caching doing it's job. After you save your setting change, if you click the gear button in the top right of your admin site, there is a Clear Cache feature. Just clear the cache and your settings view will be refreshed and match what you originally submitted and saved to the db. That explains why I never saw it in a development/debugging environment and why the setting would be correct after an app restart. Hopefully this saves time for someone else who is baffled by a setting not updating in production. It's not a great experience to make a change and then see it reverted on the screen after a save. Perhaps something the NopCommerce team can consider fixing. :)

This helped me out too!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.