All my settings are gone!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 5 ans
I accidentally ran the Install script on an existing store database. It created a new store. I deleted the store in Admin. All of my settings are now gone (orders, catalog, etc. are fine). I looked at the DB and the Id for the (original) store is 1, but the Setting table shows storeId of 0. That looks wrong, but I believe that's what it looks like in a working store. Is there some mapping between a store and settings that I'm missing? I cleared the cache and restarted the application (twice), but that didn't do it. Thanks for any help!!
Il y a 5 ans
Is there no way to mark a post as "resolved" or even for the author to delete it? Anyway, I now see that a storeId of 0 in the Setting table means "All Stores". What seems to have happened is that the Install process overwrote the settings with default values. This wasn't my production DB, so no worries.
Il y a 5 ans
To prevent loss of data in future, you should make use of backup feature in nopcommerce and back up your database time to time.

See - Administration > System > Maintenance

Database backups
Il y a 5 ans
A2Hosting_Liaison wrote:
To prevent loss of data in future, you should make use of backup feature in nopcommerce and back up your database time to time.

Database backups

That is EXCELLENT advice! My app is hosted on Azure, which has "db restore to point in time" capability, so that's exactly what I did to recover from this problem. Thanks for replying!
Il y a 5 ans
RonSul wrote:

Database backups

That is EXCELLENT advice! My app is hosted on Azure, which has "db restore to point in time" capability, so that's exactly what I did to recover from this problem. Thanks for replying!

You are welcome!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.