Bulk Upload of Products from Excel Spreadsheet

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
I am trying to upload several products at once and was wondering if there is a trick to uploading an excel spreadsheet with all the products on it.  I got an error message the first time.  Now I have set up a product manually and have downloaded that product.  Do I just need to fill in the same fields that are on the downloaded spreadsheet for the rest of the items, then upload?...Is there a excel format that must be used for a multilply product upload?  Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
Il y a 13 ans
I sure could use some help here.  I set up a product manually then downloaded that product to an excel spreadsheet.  I then put 5 more products in the excel spreadsheet being sure to fill in the same fields that were filled in when I downloaded.  I tried to upload and I get this error "Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types." and it will not upload the products.  Can anyone tell me what this error is please?
Il y a 13 ans
MMERSCH wrote:
"Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types." and it will not upload the products.  Can anyone tell me what this error is please?

You do everything right
I guess one of the fields in excel was left empty
Il y a 13 ans
Thank you for posting,

You are correct..i actually figured it out...but I had the date field as a true date and it needs to be formatted as text...and I had one field blank.  Once I made those two changes, it uploaded fine.  Thank you for replying
Mark
Il y a 13 ans
I am getting this error: "'Products$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long. "  any ideas?
Il y a 13 ans
Why the dollar sign at the end? Maybe it's causing the problem, does it appear in excel ?
Il y a 13 ans
No there is not a dollar sign in excel, searched for that string and nothing turned up. I even saved the file as ANSI to make sure there were not any Unicode characters that often cause data import problems.
Il y a 13 ans
Netsyllic:

You need to name the sheet inside your Excel workbook to Product. The error is telling you that it can not find that sheet with that name.  It is a requirement in the code that you use that specific name.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.