Server Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
Hello All,

I am not a web developer (just your average don’t know any code kind of person!) - so please be patient with me. I was unable to find the answer to this anywhere else.

I have my site up and running now and the last 2 days (a Saturday 2nd Oct and then today, Sunday 3rd Oct) I have received this error when trying to log into the administration section of my site:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Server Error in '/shop' Application.

SHUTDOWN is in progress.
Login failed for user 'sno1024209325907'. Only administrators may connect at this time.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SHUTDOWN is in progress.
Login failed for user 'sno1024209325907'. Only administrators may connect at this time.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): SHUTDOWN is in progress.
Login failed for user 'sno1024209325907'. Only administrators may connect at this time.]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() +219
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection(Boolean disposeInnerConnection) +125
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection() +41
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command) +76
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Audit.SqlLogProvider.InsertLog(Int32 logTypeId, Int32 severity, String message, String exception, String ipAddress, Int32 customerId, String pageUrl, String referrerUrl, DateTime createdOn) in SqlLogProvider.cs:184
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum logType, Int32 severity, String message, Exception exception, String IPAddress, Int32 customerId, String pageUrl) in LogManager.cs:181
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum logType, String message, Exception exception) in LogManager.cs:146
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) +50
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError() +135

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4206; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also receive a similar message when going to the shop itself (my shop is located at: www.snowwrite.com/shop).

I e-mailed the web developer who helped set up my nopCommerce to confirm this wasn’t something I had done from my end. She has said that:
"Any errors that would occur with your shop would be nopcommerce related and related soley to their servers so not your site. It sounds like they had a temporary server error or maybe were updating their servers so the site went down temporarily.”

I understand that maintenance may occur from time to time by nopCommerce and I am happy with this.
However, I am just concerned that I have received these error messages twice in 24 hours and over a weekend when my customers shop. The error occurred, then for a period of time in between it was working again, and now I am receiving the messages again. If this is not something that would occur frequently and it is a once off occurrence then I understand. There is just no way for someone like me (not a web developer - and do not understand code) to know immediately this is as a result of a server error or updating servers, as there are no messages displayed on the nopCommerce site during this time to indicate maintenance is happening, etc. As I can not read the code I can only assume (and hope!) this is the case and just wait patiently until it is back up and running again.

Is there a way for me to know when maintenance like this might be occurring so I can be prepared for it? Or is this something that happens so infrequently that I need not be concerned? Also, when this does occur how long would the admin section and the shop itself usually be unavailable?

A response would be really appreciated from any and everyone here. I really do love the nopCommerce features and so on, and thanks to the team for creating something so brilliant! I just would like to know when maintenance etc would be occurring so from a business perspective I can prepare myself for any down time.

Thank you in advance.
Il y a 13 ans
hi,

if the error was because the server was under maintenance, then the issue is nothing to do with your store/nopcommerce, it is 100% to do with the company your website is hosted with

- you should be able to find out what hosting company you use by speaking to your web designer as they will have arranged this

- hayden
Il y a 13 ans
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I do not actually know for sure what has caused the error - this was just a guess.

I spoke with the web designer who has also read your forum reply. This is not an error as a result of maintenance from the hosting company - they were not doing maintenance at the time and did not have anything crash, etc. In fact, my main website www.snowwrite.com.au was still up and running at the same time - yet the www.snowwrite.com/shop (where my nopCommerce shop is situated) was not. It seems to happen once every could of days, or two days in a row for a short period of time. In fact, as I write this to you it is happening at this very moment preventing me from updating my products, and preventing my customers from viewing the shop...

The strange thing is the shop was working fine for 2-3 weeks without this issue, but the last few days it has been a random occurrence which seems to “fix” itself, but then occur again on the next day or so..

According to the hosting company there isn’t anything wrong with their servers, and this has also been confirmed through the web designer, too.

It seems a couple of other people have had a similar problem (from reading the forums).  I wonder if someone has found a solution to this?
Il y a 13 ans
Hello....

Wondering if any one has a solution to this?

My site is going down every couple of days for a period of time then coming back up again.

I have checked and it is NOT the hosting.... everything is working fine there. Plus the rest of my site would go down if it were the hosting. It is JUST my nopCommerce section...

Please help! I am desperate to have this fixed!
Il y a 13 ans
The key to your error is at the top of your error message.

SHUTDOWN IN PROGRESS.

NopCommerce would not induce this type of error.  Your hosting company is making changes to the db that your site is working from.  If this has happened several times then more than likely you should see the same error message.  

Hosting companies are notoriously mum on changes and fixes they perform.  If this has happened several times ask to have your db moved to another server.  This is a reasonable request that your hosting company should provide free of charge.  If you get flack.  Move to another company.  There are thousands of them out there.

p.s. 'making changes' is probably not a good term.  If the admin did something as simple as recycle the database then this would cause the error message your are seeing.  Your db could be sitting next to some spamming or other nefarious type site that forces your host to take regular action against it by triggering a recycle if their is something not approved going on.
Il y a 13 ans
Hello,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did contact my web designer yesterday via email and said that I think it is a problem with the hosting personally and we need to get this fixed.

She has said she has been in contact with the hosting company and it has something to do with:

"It has to do with the asp.net <http://asp.net>  version being used for your hosting. It isn't very compatible with the cart. I am working with support to find out if we can remove the asp.net <http://asp.net>  portion or fix it some other way. You may want to post in the forums of nopcommerce in the meantime and see if there is a work around for this."

So here I am again. I hate to bother so many of you out there but as I said previously I am desperate to fix this. I don’t want to move to another cart as I love NopCommerce and its features and really want to see it grow.

Does anyone have a work around for this asp.net side of things? I’m a bit of a messenger at the moment, so I will just pass the information straight back over to my web designer.

Thanks so much for all of the help from everyone here!

Cheers
Il y a 13 ans
I'm not suggesting you move your cart from nopCommerce.  I am suggesting you move to another hosting company.  The error you are getting has nothing to do with nopCommerce.  It is a db error caused by your hosting company.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.