Developer roadmap - 1. Moving to MVC. Your thoughts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
breakskater wrote:
1. Will 1.9 be able to upgrade to 2.0? If not, will there be the ability to migrate products from the old 1.9 database to the new 2.0 database.
2. Is the database drastically different?
2. Will Service classes remain?
3. Will it be easy to customize/extend?

1. Sure, we'll provide an upgrade utility
2. No, but some tables will be changed
3. Mostly yes, but they'll be a bit refactored
4. Sure
Il y a 13 ans
a.m. wrote:
1. Sure, we'll provide an upgrade utility
2. No, but some tables will be changed
3. Mostly yes, but they'll be a bit refactored
4. Sure

Thanks Andrei! That is a relief. I was worried the changes were so drastic that all the SEO improvements I made would have to be rewritten again.

I made a SimpleImage control that automatically resizes and renames images to the name of the source (product, category, manufacturer, etc). It has Source, TargetSize, AlternateName properties, and it's VERY ENCAPSULATED, following the SRP (Single Responsibility Principle) as much as possible. It has reduced the amount of code on the UI and code side significantly. I would love to provide this to nopCommerce, however merging has been difficult for me. Any thoughts or ideas for me to get my SEO Enhancements (Title prefix/suffix, and Image SEO enhancements) into the next  release would be much appreciated!

Also, I found an AutoMapper that looks very simple to use. It can help nopCommerce to automate the mapping of properties from one object to another (left hand right hand work). This is very useful if you need to create a ViewModel for Views with just a slice of the Entity's properties. Furthermore, AutoMapper will also determine if you are flatenning an objects' property and still map it for you. For instance, Person.Name will map to a flattened PersonName property in the second/right object.

http://automapper.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Getting%20Started&referringTitle=Home

Let me know how I can provide my SEO enhancements. It has already drastically improved my organic search results!

Thanks
Il y a 13 ans
breakskater wrote:
Also, I found an AutoMapper that looks very simple to use.

Thanks for suggestion

breakskater wrote:
Let me know how I can provide my SEO enhancements.

Please email them to [am] at [nopCommerce] dot [com], and we'll look over it
Il y a 13 ans
Hello,

I am interested in helping with a migration plan.

My company builds a data integration tool that is FREE!

I would love to use it to see if I can automate the migration from NOP 1.9 to NOP 2.0 and make the solution available for everyone on the forum for FREE.

Please let me know if you are interested.

I already have NOP 1.9 so I know the schema. If there will be schema changes in NOP 2.0 it would be helpful to know what they are so I can start working on the mapping.

Best Regards,

WC
Il y a 13 ans
I am being dizzy as seeing so many updates (every three months) and tatal re writen in MVC finally.
3.0 may be Silverlight based, 4.0 may be Sharepoint based, what may be like in version 5.0? Very interesting anyway. I am not complaining. I am sure a lot of people here are busy to learn & customise Nops new versions one after another.

Anyway I am expecting for version 2 as usual all the time.
Il y a 13 ans
oyoon wrote:
I am being dizzy as seeing so many updates (every three months) and tatal re writen in MVC finally.
3.0 may be Silverlight based, 4.0 may be Sharepoint based, what may be like in version 5.0? Very interesting anyway. I am not complaining. I am sure a lot of people here are busy to learn & customise Nops new versions one after another.

Anyway I am expecting for version 2 as usual all the time.

Nope, WebForms has been around for 10+ years, they are just switching to the next primary and superior technology that is ASP.NET MVC which will also be the main technology for many years to come.
Il y a 13 ans
Just realized that you DID decided to migrate the platform to MVC 3 with Razor !! Can't wayt to get my hands on the early alpha releases, count me in for testing or code reviews !!
Il y a 13 ans
wchaudry wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in helping with a migration plan.

My company builds a data integration tool that is FREE!

I would love to use it to see if I can automate the migration from NOP 1.9 to NOP 2.0 and make the solution available for everyone on the forum for FREE.

Please let me know if you are interested.

I already have NOP 1.9 so I know the schema. If there will be schema changes in NOP 2.0 it would be helpful to know what they are so I can start working on the mapping.

Best Regards,

WC

We will be providing a migration tool with the 2.0 release. It will be c# based (not sql like previous version of nopcommerce).
Il y a 13 ans
Hey Alex,

Any expected date of NOP MVC 2.0

I am eagerly waiting for it.

Warm Regards
Raj
Il y a 13 ans
Can't wait, thanks for your hard work!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.