Need txt file from xml, xls, or pdf--will pay

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
Hi All,

Need a text file formatted for a product search engine. Can save the file in xml, xls, or pdf but file upload has to be txt. Have already tried saving it in Excel as a txt but no go for uploading to the search engine. So figure it needs to be rewritten. Can send you formatting instructions for their feeds.

And can pay a reasonable sum for doing this.

Would like to have it finished in the next few days.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks,
kchase77
Il y a 13 ans
I don't quite understand your need.  What is the data you want in this text file?  Do you want a product dump from the db?  When you say text file do you mean comma or tab delimited?  Formatted for search engine, do you mean a froogle type feed?

Can you provide some more details?
Il y a 13 ans
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply.

I need my data taken from an xml or xls file and formatted into a txt file (don't know what that qualifies as--comma or tab--don't know anything about either). Sorry.

I think I may have already found someone to do it but will let you know if it does not work out.

And I really appreciate you taking the time to contact me. Doesn't seem to be much help forthcoming here for those of us clueless and just wanting to pay to get it out of our hair. Sucks not being a techy person. :)

Thanks,
Kchase
Il y a 13 ans
If its for a product upload of some sort, it most likely will need to be a comma or tab delimited TXT file.  If you have an XLS, you can save it as a tabbed delimited TXT file from Excel.

I'd give that a try first.
Il y a 13 ans
Hello,

Thanks for the kind reply.

I did try that straight off and then uploaded to the feed, but it did not take. But that's okay as I did find someone I knew from another site and he took care of it for me.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to write.

Thanks,
Kchase
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.