ConnectionString

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
When I'm trying to install the program I get this error message:

The installer couldn't update the ConnectionStrings.config file on your server. This may be caused by limited file system permissions. Please open your ConnectionStrings.config file manually in Notepad and add the following line inside the <connectionStrings></connectionStrings>:

I have updated ConnectionStrings.config in the root - but still keeps getting this message.
Il y a 13 ans
1. Give write permission to ConnectionStrings.config file (and ensure that it's not read-only and try one more time
or
2. Try to debug. Open \Install\Install.aspx.cs file and set breakpoint on the following line - if (NopConfig.ConnectionString != ConnectionString). You'll see what is wrong.
Il y a 13 ans
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
1. Give write permission to ConnectionStrings.config file (and ensure that it's not read-only and try one more time
or
2. Try to debug. Open \Install\Install.aspx.cs file and set breakpoint on the following line - if (NopConfig.ConnectionString != ConnectionString). You'll see what is wrong.

I'm a bit new to this. I'm not hosting at my local PC but on a web server. How does i debug it - download it again or?

It seems that it actually installs something in the database. I get this error message when trying to install: An error occured: There is already an object named 'Nop_PaymentStatus' in the database.
Running scripts from file: E:\web\pesnaxco\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql
Il y a 13 ans
pesna wrote:
I'm a bit new to this. I'm not hosting at my local PC but on a web server. How does i debug it - download it again or?

You need Visual Studio 2010 and nopCommerce with source code in order to debug your application. Downlaod VS here. You can find more info about debugging ASP.NET Web Applications here

pesna wrote:
It seems that it actually installs something in the database. I get this error message when trying to install: An error occured: There is already an object named 'Nop_PaymentStatus' in the database.
Running scripts from file: E:\web\pesnaxco\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql

It meens that your database was already installed. And all you need to do is to update your connectionString.config file.

If you don't want to debug your application, then just manually update ConnectionStrings.config and reopen the application. It should work fine
Il y a 13 ans
I solved the problem by adding a connectionstring using the IIS Manager - It was not enough that I manually added it to the ConnectionStrings file - strange
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.