Product Attributes vs Product Specification Attributes vs Checkout Attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
OK, so I have a Super Mario Brothers store selling Mario Toys.

I have quite a few products that deal with different-colored Yoshi stuffed animals.

I need some help discerning which attribute to use here.

I would like to keep all of the color variants of a single stuffed animal on one page, so I think that might need to be checkout attribute.  But, I would like to be able to track stock for each different color, which sounds more like product specification attribute.

Also, I guess product specification attribute would also be nice, because it allows the end-user to filter by the color.  The only downside is that I would need to have many multiples of Yoshi products just to show the different color, so I think as far as I know, I need to chose the checkout attribute.
Il y a 13 ans
Define each colour as a different variant of the same product, so in the same page you will display each one of the colours. In each variant you can define stock too.
Il y a 13 ans
Should they just be separate SKUs of the same product?  Is that what you mean?

Or should it be a Product Attribute, Product Specification or Checkout Attribute under Catalog > Attributes

Thanks for the help though.
Il y a 13 ans
qcom wrote:
Should they just be separate SKUs of the same product?  Is that what you mean?

Or should it be a Product Attribute, Product Specification or Checkout Attribute under Catalog > Attributes

Thanks for the help though.

Yes they should be separate variants (there is a different SKU for each one) of the same product
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.