Global Settings not Visible in Live Site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
I had the same problem earlier and below helped me. Hope it helps to you.

I added the following line to the web.config file:

<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

Within <system.webserver>/<handlers>.

The 'sys is undefined' message occurs when the client side Ajax library cannot be loaded.  This is beause a script handler is missing from the web.config file.

Thanks
Viral
Il y a 12 ans
Found a solution to this problem for my site (version 1.9). I had the exact same issue with global settings page not displaying any settings even though with view source I could see the html was in there. Also I was not able to edit any pages in Content Management / Topics.

The site has always worked fine on my local machine. When I copied it to maximumasp (my hosting provider recently changed its name to CBeyond Cloud Services) I encountered the problem.

The issues was to do with session state management in a multi server hosting environment (cloud). Nothing inside a form was displayed. In my case, the hosting provider supply their own tools and instructions for setting up a session state database in sql server. After following their procedure the site now works.

This had to be added to <system.web> in web.config.

<sessionState mode="SQLServer"
      sqlConnectionString="Data Source=fully qualified sql server name; Initial Catalog=my catalog; User ID=my user id; Password=mypassword; Application Name=myapp"
      allowCustomSqlDatabase="true" />
    <machineKey               validationKey="blah blah blah hex data,IsolateApps"
    decryptionKey="blah blah hex data,IsolateApps"
    validation="SHA1" decryption="AES"/>

Seems to be a commonly reported problem. Hope this helps someone else.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.