Digital Products: Storing and Shipping questions?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 14 ans
Hi,

I have a couple questions to digital products. As documented, currently only .ZIP files are supported for download products. However, there is not much more in the documentation (that I could find) about downloadable products.

Here are my questions:

Where are digital products (zipped files) stored? Is there a special folder that needs to have write access or are those product files stored in the database?

Also, is there a maximum file size for download and if so, what is it?

Obviously, downloadable products need not to be shipped, they are downloaded. Do I have to check "Free Shipping" for those?

How / when does the buyer get a download URL (or download link) for downloading the bought product?

Thanks

gmm
Il y a 14 ans
1. "Where are digital products (zipped files) stored?". They are stored in the database
2. "Is there a maximum file size". No
3. "Do I have to check "Free Shipping" for those?". Yes, you have to check it
4. Download URL can be found on order details page
Il y a 14 ans
Hi

I have couple of questions:

1. How can I store phone card pin # as product?
2. Is there anyway to send an email to customer with the pin #

Thanks in advance!!

fz
Il y a 14 ans
1) You really don't want to store a pin # as a product unless you wish for the whole world to know that pin no.

2) Just create a product ID for the card and eml the customer the pin # after you receive an order.
Il y a 14 ans
Hi ASP5

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if there is a way to automate the process of emailing digital product to customer. In my case it will be pin #.

Regards

fz
Il y a 14 ans
It looks like we are trying to do the samething here, and this post has been there for a few months, DID YOU EVER GET THIS TO WORK? IF SO PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS.
Il y a 13 ans
hi. how i can eliminate downloadable products from user page?

thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.