Version 2 time frame?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
What is version 2 time frame for release?

a) I highly recommend to have developer's documentation for v2. Many companies don't even consider a product without documentation.

b) As of v2, I suggest to charge for the product with documents and templates and free without the templates and documents.

In order for the company to stay in business and do further development, they must charge for the product at a reasonable price. A free product can make prospects nervous, since there is no income coming, the product could die. So, it will actually bring more prospect if there was a fee for the product with complete tools.

Just my two cents.
..Ben
Il y a 13 ans
Ben,

There are no fixed release dates yet for version 2.0.

Version 2.0 will be completely free. There will be no paid for version.

Extensive developer documentation will follow the release. We are developing version 2.0 to be much more pluggable making it easier for developers to add their own functionality.

Thanks,
Ben
Il y a 13 ans
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
Ben,

There are no fixed release dates yet for version 2.0.

Version 2.0 will be completely free. There will be no paid for version.

Extensive developer documentation will follow the release. We are developing version 2.0 to be much more pluggable making it easier for developers to add their own functionality.

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks Ben (Nice name BTW) for the reply :-)
Any approximate or rough time frame when you're shooting for Version 2? This will give me an idea whether to start with the current version or v2.

I don't want to start with the current version and when I'm almost done, v2 would come out. So, an approximate time frame will help me choose the right version. Thanks!

..Ben
Il y a 13 ans
BenHayat wrote:
Any approximate or rough time frame when you're shooting for Version 2? This will give me an idea whether to start with the current version or v2.

See here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.