How to add an additional output column for ProductLoadAllPaged stored procedure NC 4.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 3 ans
New York wrote:
RE: "... I can do this by calling a function straight from razor on the page and bypass the Model, but for a page of 30 products, that would be 30 separate calls to the database - so I don't wish to do it this way.  ".

Maybe a bit of a hack, but you could create your own stored procedure to return all your columns.  One call with a CSV list of product ids.  If you have SQL 2016 or greater use you can use STRING_SPLIT - e.g.
SELECT * FROM Product WHERE Id in (SELECT value FROM STRING_SPLIT('1,2,3,4', ','))

Unfortunately, this also requires another field being returned. Since EF is 1-1 and expects output that matches a table, I can't really use this method (unless, of course, I call it from the razor page).   I can, however, use an output parameter (I did this for my Next/Prev paging - a CSV of all product Ids, found where the current id was in the string, and created a previous link w/the id before it and a next link w/the id after it).  Adding to the model should be simple, but table restrictions for one-way procedures are ludicrous.
Il y a 3 ans
Would it work to ignore property in the EF  domain > table mapping? Then field is not required in the db.

in ProductMap.cs

builder.Ignore(p => p.SqFtInStock);
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.