Test Shipping Calculations?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
Is there a way for us to test the shipping calculations before submitting an order? We need to test if its accurate. Moreover, can a customer fetch a shipping quote on a product before registering for an account?
Il y a 13 ans
Shipping charges (realtime and offline) are shown as part of the checkout process before an order is placed. You can also use the estimated shipping box on the shopping cart summary to test shipping calculations. Customers can get estimated shipping charges on the shopping cart summary page without creating an account. This can be viewed on the demo site (http://demo.nopcommerce.com/) after adding an item to the cart.

You can show or hide the Estimated Shipping box on the shopping cart summary page by respectively checking or unchecking the Estimate shipping enabled: setting in Administration > Configuration > Shipping > Shipping Settings.

Il y a 13 ans
OK, what I see here in demo is happening to my system as well but I guess it is not right.
For instance, if I add a pair of show "etnies Men's Digit Sneaker" for a zip code in New Jersey (12345). it will show:

In-Store Pickup ($0.00 (USD))
By Ground ($10.00 (USD))
By Air ($20.00 (USD))

Now, if I increase number of order from 1 to 10 yet the same shipping cost will be displayed which shouldn't be right. By increasnig weight UPS or FedEx cost should go up too.

Any advice will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks.
Il y a 13 ans
rsavra wrote:
OK, what I see here in demo is happening to my system as well but I guess it is not right.
For instance, if I add a pair of show "etnies Men's Digit Sneaker" for a zip code in New Jersey (12345). it will show:

In-Store Pickup ($0.00 (USD))
By Ground ($10.00 (USD))
By Air ($20.00 (USD))

Now, if I increase number of order from 1 to 10 yet the same shipping cost will be displayed which shouldn't be right. By increasnig weight UPS or FedEx cost should go up too.

Any advice will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks.

Try testing this thing on your local machine because you cannot change settings of online demo store.

First make sure the item has weight saved in the product details.

Now go to Admin Section > Configuration > Shipping > Shipping Rate Computation

If you are using UPS and FedEx, make sure only these 2 methods are active and rest should be in-active. Now UPS / FedEX shipping calculation will take care of everything.

Since you are using UPS/FedEX, make sure you have configured the shipping methods correctly.

Now after saving all the above mentioned settings, start adding products in the cart and try to increase the quantity - The shipping rate will go up.
Il y a 13 ans
Thanks.
Il y a 11 ans
Hello,

I have setup my "Estimated Shipping Box" on the checkout menu, but for some reason when I input my location it does not show the costs of shipping.  I have allowed my products to be shipped, out the weight and dimensions down, My shipping rate is not fixed.  I only ship in Canada but I want their to be different rates for different locations.  My In-Store can stay at 0 but the ground and air do not change, they are still at 0.  If anyone could help me that would be Great!!

Thanks aplese!!!!
Il y a 11 ans
Check to be sure:
1) you don't have any discounts set up (Category, Role, etc.),
2) your product item has
  a) Is Shippable - checked
  b) Free Shipping - not checked
    (if all products in cart have Free Shipping set on variant, then shipping will be zero)
3) not using Free shipping over 'X'
4) not using a Customer Role having Free Shipping checked.
Il y a 11 ans
I have just checked all of those and my settings matched what you told me to do, I'm not sure what the problem is, I dont want to make it a fixed rate I want it to vary depending on the province the order is being shipped too.

Thanks!
Il y a 11 ans
I have just checked all of those and my settings matched what you told me to do, I'm not sure what the problem is, I dont want to make it a fixed rate I want it to vary depending on the province the order is being shipped too.

Thanks!
Il y a 11 ans
Nevermind I figured it out
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.