Full Description Truncation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 13 ans
Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.80 to 1.90.   I noticed that all of the Full Descriptions were truncated.  This happened once before and I am unsure if I noticed it after a 1.50 to 1.80 upgrade.  The upgrade may not be the cause.

My products are singe variant, so I used the Full Description on the Product Details Page, not the Description on the Variant page.

Any comments

TIA
Il y a 13 ans
do you know for sure / are you able to check to see if the descriptions were intact before the upgrade ?

what process did you use to upgrade? ie did you run auto install, or did you do it some other way?
Il y a 13 ans
I cannot say for sure that they were intact before the upgrade, but I do know they were there.  I used the standard upgrade script.

Since all of the descriptions were truncated it had to be one of two actions.  The upgrade or an export/import to/from Excel 2007.  Those are the only two actions I performed that was on the entire database.

Over the next couple of days I will create a test 1.80 system and do an upgrade to 1.90.  I will post the results.

Thanks
Il y a 13 ans
i expect it was truncated by excel exoprt ( I think the issue was fixed by v1.9)

You don't need to export your products before an upgrade - the existing database is updated leaving your data intact

if you have a backup of your database, you should probably reinstate that then just run the upgrade script over it before connecting your new store version to it
Il y a 13 ans
Fixed in 1.9 that would explain why export/import works now.  I use export/import for multiple price changes.

Regardless, I will keep a check on descriptions and see if I can identify the problem.  For now I will assume it was fixed.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.