SEO slug with name "products" results in a 404-not-found error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 3 ans
This problem occurs in version 4.30 - no problem detected in previous versions.

Steps to reproduce
-Create a topic named "products" resulting in a new SEO slug "products"
-Impossible to display this new topic; results in a 404-not-found

I noticed that the method TransformAsync within SlugRouteTransformer.cs never gets called to get the corresponding slug; looks like it is a problem at the MVC routing level.
Il y a 3 ans
Hi TrumaxX.

This is a known issue, you can see the complete solution in this ticket

TrumaxX wrote:
This problem occurs in version 4.30 - no problem detected in previous versions.

Steps to reproduce
-Create a topic named "products" resulting in a new SEO slug "products"
-Impossible to display this new topic; results in a 404-not-found

I noticed that the method TransformAsync within SlugRouteTransformer.cs never gets called to get the corresponding slug; looks like it is a problem at the MVC routing level.
Il y a 3 ans
Thanks for your reply.
The fix indicated is for an installation script. I want to apply to an installed website.
Looking at the SQL script in https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/commit/8f9bf673f90febbfb10e8405abc2834d8f749279 seems to be updating a record in the 'settings' table.
Can you explain what I need to change in this table to make it work ? Thanks.
Il y a 3 ans
UPDATE:
Resolved by manually updating "settings" table where Name = 'seosettings.reservedurlrecordslugs'
Inserted ",products" to the end of the 'Value' column.
Il y a 3 ans
Yes, that's right, this is the main solution.

TrumaxX wrote:
UPDATE:
Resolved by manually updating "settings" table where Name = 'seosettings.reservedurlrecordslugs'
Inserted ",products" to the end of the 'Value' column.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.