Product doesn't appear in the catalog with availability and pre-order set

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 3 ans
Hello,

I'm running nopCommerce v4.3, fresh install, without any modifications.

I'm trying to test a feature, that's not working on my live site, so I took a fresh installation, and it still doesn't work there.

When I enable product availability date to some time in the future, I don't expect to see it in the product catalog, which is what happens. When I enable pre-order flag and set the pre-order availability to some time in the past, I expect to see the product in the product catalog view, but it doesn't appear. I have tried setting few days in the past for the pre-order availability, and also checked the server date and time, there's no issues with the wrong date, and the problem persists.
Il y a 3 ans
yurylankovskiy wrote:
When I enable pre-order flag and set the pre-order availability to some time in the past.

Preordered means you order the product before the Preorder date entered - so you can not enter a date in the past. Preorder does not control if the product is displayed or not. It is just an internal control that displays a “preorder” button rather than add to cart - and the customer knows they have preordered it and it will be available to be delivered after the preorder date.

As you have noted the product availability dates control when the product is displayed
Il y a 3 ans
Yidna wrote:
When I enable pre-order flag and set the pre-order availability to some time in the past.
Preordered means you order the product before the Preorder date entered - so you can not enter a date in the past. Preorder does not control if the product is displayed or not. It is just an internal control that displays a “preorder” button rather than add to cart - and the customer knows they have preordered it and it will be available to be delivered after the preorder date.

As you have noted the product availability dates control when the product is displayed

Oh, I see! So I misunderstood the conception.

Thanks for clarifying!
Il y a 2 ans
I am having trouble with the pre-order feature as well.  I have the allow pre-order feature enabled with a future date, but when I go to pre-order the item it won't allow add to cart because it states it is out of stock.  I don't want to allow out of stock items to be added to cart as that would create other issues with items that may indeed be out of stock on a certain color or size, and that is why I thought the preorder function would be ideal...and if I allow backorders, it forces me to have to go back to the item when it is in stock to change it to not allow backorder.  What is the purpose of pre-order if it is tied to inventory that doesn't exist (yet)?  Am I missing something?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.