Manipulating search results on search landing page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 3 ans
Hi,

I need some advice on manipulating the stored procedure "ProductLoadAllPaged".

I managed to add manufacturers' name to the search, but this works only when I click the search icon, where the suggestions are appearing without issues.

I also tried running the stored procedure manually and it works well.

But still "no results" when I land on the actually search page.
I tried refreshing cache, re-starting the site, saving web.config, etc., but nothing when landing on search page.

If the change works for the "search" pop up, what else should I look to make it work on search page?

I hope this is clear.

Many thanks in advance.
Il y a 3 ans
This should work as you've explained. Pls ensure that you're not using any search plugin!
Il y a 3 ans
SorgoRojo wrote:
...on the actually search page...

Are you referring to the Search page that has the checkbox for 'Advanced search'?  If you select 'Advanced search', you will see that it already has a Manufacturer dropdown.
Il y a 3 ans
Hi All,

Thank you for all the replies.

This is solved now.

The issue was in a third party plugin, where the plugin is overwriting the search page results.

I disabled and contact they customer service and they confirmed that this is the case, this plugin was preventing search page from using the regular stored procedure.

It would be great if plugins do not go so out of the frame source.

Regards,
Alejandro
Il y a 3 ans
Glad to know that it's solved!
Il y a 3 ans
Hi

We want "Advanced Search" & "Search in product description" checkboxes auto-ticked for our nopcommerce store.

How do we do that?

I googled and found that i can be done through Nop.Web/Controllers/CatalogControl but i dont know how to reach there? or how to connect?

I cant find it on FTP files / folders.

Can anyone guide me please? (even after downloading microsoft visual studio, how to connect to an existing nopcommerce site and then how to reach to that CatalogControl folder?)

Please guide me step by step to get this working.

Thank you.
Il y a 3 ans
I like suggest you to get yourself acquainted with nopCommerce development first. Here is a developer doc that will guide you to start developing for nopCommerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.