Search Topics, News, Blogs and Forum

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 2 ans
I am surprised that the search function on the site only searches in Products when information is contained in several other areas like Topics, News, Blogs and Forum.
I appreciate that once in Forum there is an additional search but there is no search for the Topic pages, Blogs or News unless I'm being stupid and missing something obvious.
Has anyone developed a plugin to extend the search functionality to be sitewide?
Il y a 2 ans
I've had a private contact from a company who customise nopCommerce though they totally misunderstood the requirement, so, I thought I'd explain a bit more.
The search box input id="small-searchterms" posts form id="small-search-box-form" and returns results found in Products. I want this single search box to also return matching search values in Topics (pages), News, Blogs and Forum.
This should not be difficult to do. I had precisely this function in an e-commerce solution I wrote in Classic ASP about 20 years ago. I don't know enough about nopCommerce to see how best to achieve within and rather hoped others already had a solution.
Il y a 2 ans
We have a work item to include categories and manufacturers in search results. But we don't plan to implement it for other content (e.g. topics, blog posts, etc)
Il y a 2 ans
I do appreciate that nopCommerce is an e-commerce platform that happens to have additional information features like the topics, news and blogs. I also understand that the Forum has a search, but it seems a missed opportunity to me not having a sitewide search.
In the solution I referred that I built about 20 years ago I brought basic search results from many facets of the site that could then be selected or an Advanced Search that allowed more detailed searching to refine the results. I think nopCommerce would benefit greatly from a similar feature.
Il y a 2 ans
https://programmablesearchengine.google.com/about/

;)
Il y a 2 ans
Thanks but this is not idea because it returns results from others and begins with all the adverts that match the search criteria.
Il y a 2 ans
You can remove ads if you pay $5 per thousand queries,
and, there is an API
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.