Product Image Thumbnails with CDN

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 2 ans
We are trying to determine the best option for using a CDN for product images / thumbnails.  We would like to use Amazon s3 or CloudFlare but the same issues would most likely exist with any CDN.  We are currently using a web farm setup with Local Content Infrastructure.  

Because thumbnails are generated when a user goes to a specific product we do not have the all the images/thumbnails to push out to the CDN. Its a bigger issue with multiple servers in a web farm using Local Content Infrastructure, because each server contains only images generated on that server when a product is loaded, so each product image has its thumbnails spread across the number of servers in the web farm (eventually with enough traffic they would all have all the thumbnails). Using Shared Network Content Infrastructure would at least generate all thumbnails in a single location. We are using a web farm but the issue is the same if we wanted to use a CDN for a single server. All thumbnails would need to be generated so they could be pushed out to the CDN.

From what we have found looking though forums and  googling there is not a way to generate all thumbnails so they could be pushed out to a CDN.

Please set me straight(may not understand the process correctly) or provide any additional information that could help us out with this issue.
Il y a 2 ans
You can use CDN plugin for the same.
Here are some plugins

I recommended nopAccelerate CDN Plugin
Il y a 2 ans
Thank you for your response.

We are currently using the foxnetsoft cdn plugin which is what has brought on the questions in the initial post. Once we manually push images out to Amazon it works great. But its a lot of manual work making sure every thumbnail is generated in all sizes by going to all the product, catetory etc pages individually to get each size of thumbnail.

Most of the cdn plugins just have a link in the configuration of where to go get the image.

The nopAccelerate cdn plugin is free which is great but it only shows supported version of 4.20 and looks like it would have the same issue of only linking to the image.

The NopStation plugin might support syncing thumbnails with an Amazon s3 bucket but their documentation is not very descriptive on what or how any syncing may work.

Unless I am missing something I can only guess that not many NopCommerce websites are using CDNs for images. All the manual work required to get the thumbnails generated to then pushed out to the CDN is a lot.

It looks like there are a few thumbnail sizes that need to be generated:
550px 415px 100px 220px 450px 420px 80px 70px

Right now it looks like the NopStation plugin could be the best option or we would need to create our own process to generate thumbnails. I do not see any thumbnail plugin in the market place.

It looks like there is an option for Azure blob storage in the app settings but I believe it would have the same issues with thumbnails. Am I correct?
Il y a 2 ans
Hi,

brandon71 wrote:
Most of the cdn plugins just have a link in the configuration of where to go get the image.

yes, you're right. It just fetching data from CDN instead of current server.
But you've configure your store URL and some other changes at CDN side, after that it will start synch data from your server to CDN automatic.

brandon71 wrote:
The nopAccelerate cdn plugin is free which is great but it only shows supported version of 4.20 and looks like it would have the same issue of only linking to the image.

It is available for nopCommerce 4.30. Check here

brandon71 wrote:
The NopStation plugin might support syncing thumbnails with an Amazon s3 bucket but their documentation is not very descriptive on what or how any syncing may work.
If you're talking about S3 Bucket, then it is different thing.

There is plugin available for save and fetch images from S3 Bucket.

brandon71 wrote:
Right now it looks like the NopStation plugin could be the best option or we would need to create our own process to generate thumbnails. I do not see any thumbnail plugin in the market place.

brandon71 wrote:
There no required to any addition tools for generate thumbnail images, nopCommerce already manage it. It is out of Box funtionality.

It looks like there is an option for Azure blob storage in the app settings but I believe it would have the same issues with thumbnails. Am I correct?
BlobStorage is also not CDN, it is similar to AWS S3 Bucket.
Il y a 2 ans
Hi,

brandon71 wrote:

yes, you're right. It just fetching data from CDN instead of current server.
But you've configure your store URL and some other changes at CDN side, after that it will start synch data from your server to CDN automatic.

brandon71 wrote:

It is available for nopCommerce 4.30. Check here

brandon71 wrote:

If you're talking about S3 Bucket, then it is different thing.

There is plugin available for save and fetch images from S3 Bucket.

brandon71 wrote:

There no required to any addition tools for generate thumbnail images, nopCommerce already manage it. It is out of Box funtionality.

brandon71 wrote:

BlobStorage is also not CDN, it is similar to AWS S3 Bucket.
Il y a 2 ans
Thank you for all your input on this item.
Il y a 2 ans
Have a look at this pull (for 4.4 though, and not sure what version you're using), but might be able to help you develop your own solution?

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/pull/5713
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.